Voltage lost

Hey guys

I got a system totaling roughly 3000rms(2k on bass and 1k on my mids and high). My electrical consists of a oem 140amp alternator, optima redtop in front and xs power xp3000 in the back with a single run of xs power ofc 0awg wire front to back and a big 3 done with the same wire. I used a nvx distribution block which takes 1 0awg input to 4 4awg output and i used some 0 to 4awg reducers to connect my amps which use 0awg wires. Can i lose power or can it bottleneck there?  

My voltage reads 14.2 when started, i tuned my amps with the dd1. When am playing music just parked my voltage goes to 12.9 and bumps back up.

Rev the gas, when full tilt parked playing dude. 

Also, 12.9, full bang, and idle, isnt bad at all. Nothing to worry about at all

This stuff is all 12v mate. 

That said, rev to like 1700 or so rpm when sitting/parked playing. Give your alt a damn chance to turn on. 

Some, ourselves included,  use stuff to get the rig to rev up, and sit at a desired rpm. So like in the lanes, or demoing all day. Set it, and for get it. Alts need to see a certain rpm, to even "turn on". Feel me?? A solution I found, and did on my blazer and we put it on the suburban build also. 

9 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Some, ourselves included,  use stuff to get the rig to rev up, and sit at a desired rpm. So like in the lanes, or demoing all day. Set it, and for get it. Alts need to see a certain rpm, to even "turn on". Feel me?? A solution I found, and did on my blazer and we put it on the suburban build also. 

Oh wow that's cool!!!! I've always brought the Rpms up with the gas pedal but that is really neat. Sometimes I've worried if I've given it too much gas while just idling. I just googled the vernier cable but not exactly sure how the hooks up but I'm going to look into that more. I don't compete so idk about that, but seems perfect for demoing!

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Lol, ya dude. The search for something started when I was at a comp/show, early into all this silliness. 

I demo'd for hours. And I shit you not, every damn time I looked down, my rpms where either non existent or, i was at like 11 million LOL. So, the hunt for something began. 

At comps, I've seen it all. Stack of pennies on the throttle body,  paper clips, clothes pins, wood, cut to length on the gas pedal,.  You name it, I've seen it.... and it all did its job fine. Most orgs cap your revs at 2k if you look in the rule book. But ya , for demoing, the cable we use in both rigs, is a God send. cheap, easy, reliable. Done...

15 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Lol, ya dude. The search for something started when I was at a comp/show, early into all this silliness. 

I demo'd for hours. And I shit you not, every damn time I looked down, my rpms where either non existent or, i was at like 11 million LOL. So, the hunt for something began. 

At comps, I've seen it all. Stack of pennies on the throttle body,  paper clips, clothes pins, wood, cut to length on the gas pedal,.  You name it, I've seen it.... and it all did its job fine. Most orgs cap your revs at 2k if you look in the rule book. But ya , for demoing, the cable we use in both rigs, is a God send. cheap, easy, reliable. Done...

Question. I saw people use a wire guage reducer to fit bigger wire into smaller amps, brazillian for example, reducing a 0awg to a 4awg...if in the case of me having a distribution block that can on support 4awg and my amp use 0awg and i use 0awg in the amp reduced at the block will the power be bottlenecked at the distribution block?

1 hour ago, Jeremy009 said:

Question. I saw people use a wire guage reducer to fit bigger wire into smaller amps, brazillian for example, reducing a 0awg to a 4awg...if in the case of me having a distribution block that can on support 4awg and my amp use 0awg and i use 0awg in the amp reduced at the block will the power be bottlenecked at the distribution block?

With that short of distance and is solid it should be fine.   You just want bigger for long runs so .5 inch is fine.  Just look at how thin fuses are bu work fine because of distance.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

5 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

With that short of distance and is solid it should be fine.   You just want bigger for long runs so .5 inch is fine.  Just look at how thin fuses are bu work fine because of distance.

Its a single 12" set up, any idea whats the best position for this car? The toyota corrolla ae90 hatchback. Unfortunately i dont have any meters to do testing and always had trouble with bass,it just doesnt travel out well,guys with half my electrical and power get better voltage and sound louder than me. 

20190516_155956.jpg

IMG-20190421-WA0005.jpg

Archived