Second Skin Audio

Add mass inside subwoofer enclosure.

tbeats

Got a subwoofer box at 2.53 per sub sealed running sub at a little over rms so I'm reaching xmax pretty fast on low notes.  Rockford recommends on my p3 15 1.58 to 3 cube sealed . They told me for the power I have I need to be in the lower side no more then 2 cubic per 15. Is there any thing I could do to bring the air space down but is also reversible in case I go with a sub in the future that could use more air space.

Sure, just about anything solid will work.  Pieces of 2x4 screwed in to take up space.  The best thing to do, but it costs a little money, is to get some 2" foam board insulation and cut out whatever shape of pieces you need.  You can glue them in with some aerosol glue or a hot glue gun.  They won't add much weight and they take up space just fine.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

6 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Sure, just about anything solid will work.  Pieces of 2x4 screwed in to take up space.  The best thing to do, but it costs a little money, is to get some 2" foam board insulation and cut out whatever shape of pieces you need.  You can glue them in with some aerosol glue or a hot glue gun.  They won't add much weight and they take up space just fine.  

Awesome.  So I'm trying to calculate how to come up with .6 cubic feet of mass to get my net down to 2.0 cube on each sub . How can I figure that with the foam board?

L*W*H

Divide by 12^3 to convert cuin to cuft

8 hours ago, tbeats said:

Awesome.  So I'm trying to calculate how to come up with .6 cubic feet of mass to get my net down to 2.0 cube on each sub . How can I figure that with the foam board?

.6 cu ft is 1037 cubic inches.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived