New guy needs help with 2 vvx 10v3 D2

So i want to build a single enclosure for two vvx v3 10s dual 2 ohm... For a single its 19 sq in port area and 21 in length. And for two i understand that i need to double port area but the length changes so how would i determine the length

So, couple questions for ya.  

You said the subs are dual 2 ohm, are you going to wire 2 ohms to the amp or .5 ohms?

How tight are you going to be for space?  I assume you are going to go with Skar's recommendation of 1.75 cu ft net per sub tuned to 34 Hz?  Since you are running above RMS power (which is fine), you should probably increase the port area a bit from what Skar recommends, but it will take up more space.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 hours ago, Acura tl said:

My bad, I was going to run them at 2 ohm and the 1.75 per sub

Ok, in that case I'd probably go for a total of 45 sq in of port area.  I still thinks Skars recommendation is a little low.  

Assuming the net volume is 3.5 cu ft total, and you want to tune to 34 Hz, a 45 sq in port is going to need to be around 23-24" long.  Keep in mind the layout of the box is going to change how long the port needs to be, but that should get you close.  

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hey any body that can help with my problem wod be greatly appreciated. I I one vvx v3 12 d2 and it's about a ur old. Was going to send it in but I been on the diy thing so I tore into it myself. Upon finding two of my tinsel leads were toasted I put some new wire in there and resoldered. Now that being done I reconnected it to amp in Yukon and got nothing. Pushed in on the come and got a small spark. After that I discoverd that if I pushed in on the cone I was now getting a response or signal that was playing thru the sub. But if I let up it goes away. Send help what my problem is around can I fix it.