Sundown Audio

Can I mix my Rockford T1500BD with T1500BDCP

MaxBoom87

Sup guys. I have a dilemma of sorts. I have two Rockford Fosgate amps, one a T1500BD and the other a T1500BDCP. Don't know how it happened but it did. I have mind pretty made up on either 2 Sundown X12 or 2 DC Level 4s. My question is can I use both amps to power my subs or will they cancel or override each other in some way. Any help would be appreciated.

31 minutes ago, MaxBoom87 said:

Sup guys. I have a dilemma of sorts. I have two Rockford Fosgate amps, one a T1500BD and the other a T1500BDCP. Don't know how it happened but it did. I have mind pretty made up on either 2 Sundown X12 or 2 DC Level 4s. My question is can I use both amps to power my subs or will they cancel or override each other in some way. Any help would be appreciated.

Sundown X12's FTW. The amps are different BTW. Constant power will produce more wattage at higher ohm loads. 

Yeah I know they're different but are they different enough to make an audible difference between the two if i had them connected to separate subs in separate boxes. And yes I had been leaning towards the x12s. They seem to have longetivity by the looks of them.

36 minutes ago, MaxBoom87 said:

Yeah I know they're different but are they different enough to make an audible difference between the two if i had them connected to separate subs in separate boxes. And yes I had been leaning towards the x12s. They seem to have longetivity by the looks of them.

Yes there's going to be a difference. Each box will rise in impedance differently. The bdcp will ultimately be louder because of less power loss at higher impedance. They both may rise similarly but the bdcp might still give the one driver 1200 watts + while the bd might give the other under 1000 Watts. Numbers are just examples. Get you a nice Korean 4k-5k amplifier imo. 

Dang that sucks. I bought those over 6 months ago and never used them but maybe a day to see if they worked. I just realized one was BD and the other was not. It will be hard to sell one and get its value for it but maybe I’ll have to take a loss. Nature of the beast. Thanks for the help man!

• 1 month later...

Archived