Sundown Audio

Alpine MRD-M1000

bhast2

I have this Alpine MRD-M1000 Amp. And i have never messed with an amp like this I have looked up the manual online and it doesn't really explain what these mean I was hoping that I could get some info on these settings and what they do:

1-1 Input :1ch or 2ch (I have it set to 2 ch)
1-2 Input Level : 0.5 - 8.5V (0db - -24db (i head unit is 4V what show this be set at?)
1-3 Gain Factor : Adjustment range: 0dB/+6dB/+9dB (is this bass boast??)
2-1 LP On\Off :On (i undersand)
2-2 Frequency : Adjustment range: 30 – 200Hz (1/12 oct. step) (what is a good starting point to set this? I have two 10 inch subs)
3-1 Subsonic On/Off :On
3-2 Frequency :  Adjustment Range: 15Hz – 50Hz (5Hz step) (where to set this?)
4-1 Parametric EQ On\Off (what is this and what does it do?)
4-2 Frequency : • Adjustment Range: fc = 30 – 160Hz (1/12 oct. step) (where to set it)
4-3 Width Q. : • Adjustment Range: Q = 0.5/1/2/3/4/5 (this does what?)
4-4 Level : Adjustment Range: ±12 dB (1 dB step) (i don't know what this does either)
5-1 Bass Compensation On\Off (this does what?)
5-2 Mode : • Adjustment Range: COMP.1/COMP.2/COMP.3 (?????)
6-1 Time Compensation On\Off 
6-2 Delay Time :N\A
7-1 Phase :0\180
8-1 Amp Set ID No. :1
8-2 Time Of Delay :1.0
9-1 Output Disable :Off
0-1 Memory Write :Hopefully Correct Settings!! 
0-2 Memory Read :Hopefully Correct Settings!! 
Any help would be great, thanks

Here is the link to the manuals:

I will help as much as I can, to keep it short I will only reply to the setting that you have questions about.

1-2 Input Level : 0.5 - 8.5V (0db - -24db (i head unit is 4V what show this be set at?) This is used to match the input of the amp with the output of the head unit. The easiest way is to use a SMD DD1, next is an oscope, and if you don't have either you can use a DMM set them conservatively. Do a search plenty of youtube videos on this.

1-3 Gain Factor : Adjustment range: 0dB/+6dB/+9dB (is this bass boast??) I would not mess with this it will boost the signal and could lead to clipping, just set the input level appropriately.

2-2 Frequency : Adjustment range: 30 – 200Hz (1/12 oct. step) (what is a good starting point to set this? I have two 10 inch subs) Most people set this to 80 - 100Hz.

3-2 Frequency :  Adjustment Range: 15Hz – 50Hz (5Hz step) (where to set this?) If you have a ported enclosure just set it a few Hz below the tuning frequency.

4-1 Parametric EQ On\Off (what is this and what does it do?) You more than likely can leave this off an amp because you can do more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing so this care of the entire section 4. 

5-1 Bass Compensation On\Off (this does what?) Leave this off also it can lead to clipping, it's basically a bass boost.

Archived