Rewiring car

Dumb question. Can I use speaker wire to rewire an old truck. Of course using the correct gauge. 

Its got old nasty ridiculously long wire now and was thinking about replacing and re-running everything while I have the engine pulled

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I would verify that the wire you're using has the appropriate heat and chemical resistance suitable for use in an engine bay. OFC / Tinned OFC only for this application. You WILL be redoing it if the stuff is CCA (seems to be more common in speaker wires, something to look out for).

Look into a Painless! wiring kit. Most of the work is already done for you, besides putting it in.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

4 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Look into a Painless! wiring kit. Most of the work is already done for you, besides putting it in.

Dang, beat me to it. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Shoot just about $800 for the wiring kits... almost what I paid for the truck lol

think I’m just gonna go and replace all the wires. I’ll check with Jon and see what the temp specs are of his stuff. 

Almost had the motor pulled Sunday but there was a rounded over nut on the flywheel 😰

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Right. I mean 8 gauge and bigger should be fine. But I’m not sure about speaker wire

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Archived