Rear Bank resting at 13 and 96% charged. Front battery...

I have four group 31 AGM's in the rear ( coming out for LTO) and they're all showing 96% charged but my front AGM (group 65) is resting at 12.2 and showing 55% charged. WTF? You guys think my rear Bank is slowly killing the front battery? Bosch AGM. Pep boys brand. Everything coming out for LTO anyway. 

check wiring is thick enough awg to handle the current and balance the batteries good. 

maybe charge up the battery manually with a battery charger seperately on its own to see if it keeps a charge and then put it back and see if it starts draining again or stays the same theres something weird going on there for sure

30 minutes ago, realflow100 said:

check wiring is thick enough awg to handle the current and balance the batteries good. 

maybe charge up the battery manually with a battery charger seperately on its own to see if it keeps a charge and then put it back and see if it starts draining again or stays the same theres something weird going on there for sure

Everything wired with 2/0ga... Silver tinned certified basshead with a singer 320 alternator. I unhooked the rear bank and I'm charging my front battery. Not like it really matters I have two hundred amp hour of lithium now so... AGM is coming out!!

Are the recorded voltages with front/rear batts connected or disconnected from eachother

I would disconnect your front battery from all wires, test voltage and if it persists at 12.2 then charge overnight and leave it on charge with a trickle charge or something. I use my xs power charger for mine but I’m pretty sure any will do if it’s in spec 

2 hours ago, strangeduck said:

i dont think you are supose to mix lith wih agm. 

Doing a battery delete.

2 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

Are the recorded voltages with front/rear batts connected or disconnected from eachother

Disconnected. I removed the rear bank. All 4 of my group 31's read 13v and 96% charged. 

2 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

I would disconnect your front battery from all wires, test voltage and if it persists at 12.2 then charge overnight and leave it on charge with a trickle charge or something. I use my xs power charger for mine but I’m pretty sure any will do if it’s in spec 

Took about 4 hours to charge to full. Need the front battery to be good until I get my LTO buss bars. We'll see what happens. 

1 hour ago, realflow100 said:

Not good idea to mix lithium and AGM. different operating voltages and charge methods and currents.

I'm aware. Thank you tho. 

Archived