What will bad starting battery do to voltage?

My front battery drained back to 50% in less than a day. No stereo rt now!! I'm swapping to lithium Titanate this week but I'm wondering wassup with my group 65 starter? Bad parasitic draw possibly? What kind of draw can be that bad though? Been driving truck everyday. I'm perplexed to say the least. My rear Bank ( when it was in) was fine. I took it out and it read 96% charged sitting at 13v flat. I know my alternator output is good because my bass knob reads voltage. WTF?

Are you asking what will the bad battery do to charging voltage while running? If so the voltage will still show normal when the alternator is charging even with a bad battery. I had a similar situation with my camry where the battery up front went bad, didn't know because the rear bank was a lot bigger and disguising the problem. Found out when I tried to use the front battery to start another car. Have you did a parasitic drain test to see how many amps are coming out of the battery when everything is shut off?

In my case the batteries quit excepting a charge from the alternator. 

And let me down on the side of the road when I least expected it. 

Now my Avalanche has 2 new batteries. Thank god I get free towing ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

4 hours ago, melvinhob said:

Are you asking what will the bad battery do to charging voltage while running? If so the voltage will still show normal when the alternator is charging even with a bad battery. I had a similar situation with my camry where the battery up front went bad, didn't know because the rear bank was a lot bigger and disguising the problem. Found out when I tried to use the front battery to start another car. Have you did a parasitic drain test to see how many amps are coming out of the battery when everything is shut off?

Battery dropped a cell. Haven't checked for draw. Put battery on a tester. Must've happened when I blew my alternator a couple months ago

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

In my case the batteries quit excepting a charge from the alternator. 

And let me down on the side of the road when I least expected it. 

Now my Avalanche has 2 new batteries. Thank god I get free towing ...

Yeah it seems alternator won't charge the starter. Only charges after hours on a slow AGM charger. 

Archived