Quad H/O alternators on 5.3 vortec- any issues?

9 hours ago, Masterbasser said:

thats awesome

The bracket im running is the best in the industry right now i believe. Dan Blughost made it hes local to me. Many brackets i see have poor belt wrap on the bottom alternator. this bracket has an idler there and gives you good wrap on all alternators. 

Jonathon Patrick at CES reccomended a 270 in the stock location instead of a 370, i guess because the 270 can run a stock pulley size instead of the smaller pulley. He stated with the smaller pulley at stock location the belt wrap is not as good.

no issues when fully loaded at this time, but again i just have the stock alt and 3 370s now. when i have the 270 on there too it will make a little more drag.

The adjustable external regulator  i ordered allows for shutting off alternators as well as adjusting the voltage. so that will be nice for long drives ect.  right now I have the 3 370s as internally regulated self exciting. I have the parts on the way to convert all 3 to external regulation though.

60778053_485074942065986_3341624125545250816_nedit.jpg

Soo 3 370 how. The 4th  alt? Same

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Archived