Quad H/O alternators on 5.3 vortec- any issues?

have a quad setup on my yukon already, stock alternator and then 3 370s on the stereo only.  '

I just ordered another 270 amp alternator for the stock location. ( dwell in the 12s when on real power...) I also ordered a custom adjustable external regulator that can control all 4 alternators

Currently the truck doesnt have any slip issues or anything, last belt i just changed looked great and was on there for a year. ( changed tensioner and belt prev. maint.)

looking for guys running quad high outputs and using all of it and then some.

any issues?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Ran quads on our 5.3 for 4 years. It took some "adjusting" and such, pulley size, placement changes and such. Took the bracket and milled some places where the bolts hung out past the bracket,.... some odds and ends, but, it ran tits, just fine. We had it where we could swap belts in about 1 minute. So, driving 18 hours to world finals or outta state, we would run a belt, with one alt, get to the show, and then put the belt on to spin all 4. Worked fucking great.  

We made a LOT of heat. Demoing for hours on end, we where going to cut loovers in the hood and shit, but, never did. Never had any real big issues. One issue like i said, was the bracket. The lower bolt,  on the driver side, would stick out past the bracket, and if the belt slacked at all, say, under a heavy load, it would catch that fastener, and snap it. We took it all off, i brought the bracket into work, and milled the hole, to accept a pan head/flat head socket head cap screw. That went away just like that, and that was the end of our large issues. Then, we just beat the living shit outta the SINGERS for years. This is before the bracket mod. See that one bolt? The belt, rode just over that bolt. I milled the bracket to take a flat head. Done. 

21503_zpsvirnrxck.thumb.jpeg.7c2a9d2d9e3b71b88ac6237d609e198d.jpeg

thats awesome

The bracket im running is the best in the industry right now i believe. Dan Blughost made it hes local to me. Many brackets i see have poor belt wrap on the bottom alternator. this bracket has an idler there and gives you good wrap on all alternators. 

Jonathon Patrick at CES reccomended a 270 in the stock location instead of a 370, i guess because the 270 can run a stock pulley size instead of the smaller pulley. He stated with the smaller pulley at stock location the belt wrap is not as good.

no issues when fully loaded at this time, but again i just have the stock alt and 3 370s now. when i have the 270 on there too it will make a little more drag.

The adjustable external regulator  i ordered allows for shutting off alternators as well as adjusting the voltage. so that will be nice for long drives ect.  right now I have the 3 370s as internally regulated self exciting. I have the parts on the way to convert all 3 to external regulation though.

60778053_485074942065986_3341624125545250816_nedit.jpg

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

3 hours ago, Masterbasser said:

I just ordered another 270 amp alternator for the stock location. ( dwell in the 12s when on real power...) I also ordered a custom adjustable external regulator that can control all 4 alternators

What are you running that drops 3 HO alts into 12's? Bank and amps? What are they wired to also?

all in my signature,  its 4 digital designs m5s at .7 ohms each on 4 pure audio x4 spl 18s.  3 banks of maxwell ultracaps 2 jy 80 ah lithium 2 group 31 agms

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

56 minutes ago, Masterbasser said:

all in my signature,  its 4 digital designs m5s at .7 ohms each on 4 pure audio x4 spl 18s.  3 banks of maxwell ultracaps 2 jy 80 ah lithium 2 group 31 agms

I'm a dumbass lol. "Check my sig dumb shit!"

3 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

6 4ks, all clammping well over 5k. If we saw mid 15's, ,... that was odd. (3 of the 4 at 17v)

Youll be fine mate.... let it eat...  Cheers and bass on

Lies....

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

9 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Ran quads on our 5.3 for 4 years. It took some "adjusting" and such, pulley size, placement changes and such. Took the bracket and milled some places where the bolts hung out past the bracket,.... some odds and ends, but, it ran tits, just fine. We had it where we could swap belts in about 1 minute. So, driving 18 hours to world finals or outta state, we would run a belt, with one alt, get to the show, and then put the belt on to spin all 4. Worked fucking great.  

We made a LOT of heat. Demoing for hours on end, we where going to cut loovers in the hood and shit, but, never did. Never had any real big issues. One issue like i said, was the bracket. The lower bolt,  on the driver side, would stick out past the bracket, and if the belt slacked at all, say, under a heavy load, it would catch that fastener, and snap it. We took it all off, i brought the bracket into work, and milled the hole, to accept a pan head/flat head socket head cap screw. That went away just like that, and that was the end of our large issues. Then, we just beat the living shit outta the SINGERS for years. This is before the bracket mod. See that one bolt? The belt, rode just over that bolt. I milled the bracket to take a flat head. Done. 

21503_zpsvirnrxck.thumb.jpeg.7c2a9d2d9e3b71b88ac6237d609e198d.jpeg

What size alt? All 320

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Archived