3 way active setup, need advice on amp selection

b2sdad

14 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

You might have one hell of a time finding a 6 channel a/b with DSP that will fit under a front seat, most of us with limited space run a 4+2 or 2+2+2 for our 3 way fronts, morel are some of my favorite budget amps for SQ along with arc and zapco, I'd hate to run low s/n amps with hat drivers in active.

The Arc Audio amp I was looking at is a class D. Its the X2 1200.6 model 

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

XS Power D6500 up front, Mechman 270 amp alt, 

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Wheels: 18 inch Balistic Jester wheels on 33 inch Nitto TG2's

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Suspension: 2/4 Belkin drop. Belkin Sway bars, Spohn Panhard bar

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

Wheels:  24 inch Luxx wheels/ 305/40 R24

Grammatically speaking, Prolly is not a word.

8 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

That arc is a ton of power.  You dont need that much power.  Id youre worried about getting enough power for the midbass.  Get some stevens audio mb6 or mb8 in 2ohm.  

I understand its overkill, if i decided to go that route, gain would be turned down for sure. I liked it the Arc X2 because it had a ton of crossover options, LP, HP, AP, and its on 13 inches long . Which fits under the seat .I would pair this with a DSP and gain the ability to use time alignment. I really only need a few settings, I would like a driver side setting, passenger side setting, and maybe an all FLAT setting.  

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

26 minutes ago, b2sdad said:

I understand its overkill, if i decided to go that route, gain would be turned down for sure. I liked it the Arc X2 because it had a ton of crossover options, LP, HP, AP, and its on 13 inches long . Which fits under the seat .I would pair this with a DSP and gain the ability to use time alignment. I really only need a few settings, I would like a driver side setting, passenger side setting, and maybe an all FLAT setting.  

Gain doesnt affect power.  But make sure you protect the tweeter

2 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Gain doesnt affect power.  But make sure you protect the tweeter

For sure, the tweeters have an inline cap installed to prevent any accidents. Just checked out the Stevens Audio mb6's, man those look fantastic! I would love to hear some of them. I going to see if anyone in my area is a dealer. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

4 minutes ago, b2sdad said:

For sure, the tweeters have an inline cap installed to prevent any accidents. Just checked out the Stevens Audio mb6's, man those look fantastic! I would love to hear some of them. I going to see if anyone in my area is a dealer. 

You can order them from stevens audio.  They are failry cheap. Efficient and sound great. 

1 minute ago, ToNasty said:

You can order them from stevens audio.  They are failry cheap. Efficient and sound great. 

I might have to, very impressive stuff! Thank you for the recommendation. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

1 hour ago, b2sdad said:

The Arc Audio amp I was looking at is a class D. Its the X2 1200.6 model 

The xdi v2 is nice, just keep it away from your antenna/ant cables ect as it can reduce reception and/or introduce FM interference.

not only is it a ton of power for your midrange/tweets its also full power from 2-4 ohms, you would need to be VERY careful with that on your BPF/HPF drivers.

Looks like i still have a ton of research to do. I didn't realize a three way active setup was so detailed. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Archived