3 way active setup, need advice on amp selection

b2sdad

19 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Zapco 150.6 and yes use a dsp

I hear that's a beast of an amp, but she is on the large side 22.5 inches if my memory serves me. I would like to keep the amp location the same, which for my truck is under the seat. Not a lot of room under there. 

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

XS Power D6500 up front, Mechman 270 amp alt, 

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Wheels: 18 inch Balistic Jester wheels on 33 inch Nitto TG2's

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Suspension: 2/4 Belkin drop. Belkin Sway bars, Spohn Panhard bar

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

Wheels:  24 inch Luxx wheels/ 305/40 R24

Grammatically speaking, Prolly is not a word.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

That’s interesting. I’ve heard quite a few people disliking their 360s. What made you not like yours? 

First off, RF never really fully supported it, in my opinion. I think there was one maybe two firmware updates in like 6 years. Second there was a known issue with the remote, it would loose connectivity. I would have restart my truck to get it back.  I was told by RF Support it to ground it at least three times? 

Front Stage:Hybrid Audio Legatia Tweeters and Midrange drivers in Custom A Pillars, HA Unity 6x9 inch Midbass in the doors, powered by an Arc Audio 1200.6 X2 and connected to a JL TWK 88 DSP

Subwoofers: Four 8 inch Soundqubed Subs in a ported enclosure. Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the subs (@ 1ohm) 

Performance: JBA Headers, Uprev Tuned, Dynomax bullet muffler, 3 inch exhaust all the way back. Air raid CAI.

Suspension: 6 inches of lift total. DK UCA's, DK LCA's, Icon coilovers up front, Bilstein Shocks in the rear with 4 inch blocks 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Engine: 5.3 DOD Delete, BTR Stage 4 truck Cam, TSP Headers, Gibson Catback exhaust. Tuned by Sam @ Advanced Modern Performance.

Audio: Pioneer 8400 NEX Head unit, Audio Dynamics DSP, 6th order enclosure with three 10 inch DC Audio Level 4s behind the third row. Wolfram 4500 on Subs, Wolfram AW 250.4 on the front stage Dual SkyHigh Car Audio 8 inch mid bass in the doors, quad 3.5 inch midrange drivers in the A-Pillars 

Dual Alternators, Mechman 320 powering a CES 40ah Lithium battery, OEM alt has an AGM on it.Viper remote start.

3 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Bitone is glitchy 

Zapco or better yet helix

I've heard the same about Bitone. Also hear Great things about the Helix, Arc Audio and Zapco units

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

Funny thing is at first i dismissed the TWK 88 from JL, but for the price and what I need it to do, i might have to take a second look. Plus I love NOT having to purchase another 300 remote just to be able to control the damn thing. The new remote JL just released is so slick in my opinion. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

I feel you would be better off with a 4 channel and a 2 channel. Double the power supply power and a little more ... well, more for The midbass drivers.

personally, I would do with what I did with my ride ... multiple 2 channels. Way more competitive benefits ... Just Saying 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

12 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

You could even find a helix mk2. Its a 6ch amp amd dsp in one. Its about 1300 bucks. But its all in 1

True, I guess that's the next evolution in amplifiers? JL, Helix, Arc Audio Audio-control all have some

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

16 minutes ago, b2sdad said:

True, I guess that's the next evolution in amplifiers? JL, Helix, Arc Audio Audio-control all have some

The helix has a line out for a seperate sub amp not sure if the arc or audio control do that. (I hate jl)

11 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

The helix has a line out for a seperate sub amp not sure if the arc or audio control do that. (I hate jl)

LOL, im not a JL fan either. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ

You might have one hell of a time finding a 6 channel a/b with DSP that will fit under a front seat, most of us with limited space run a 4+2 or 2+2+2 for our 3 way fronts, morel are some of my favorite budget amps for SQ along with arc and zapco, I'd hate to run low s/n amps with hat drivers in active.

Archived