Jimmie's 96 GMC2500 - Epic 1st "BUILD"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2019 at 9:18 PM, Ron36 said:

I’ve learned over the years when it’s your own stuff go slow no rush and it always comes out better. Great start looks good.

Thx man. I agree, gta love the process n take pride in your work. But, if I had nothing else to do, I'd probably spend way too much time on this stuff lol

On 6/20/2019 at 10:04 PM, Wishuponasub said:

Great start bud. Welcome to the forum. I'm down in the golden triangle around Beaumont so not too far from you.

Thanks. Yea you're only an hour n half from me. Always good to meet a fellow Texan who loves his music

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of progress to date:

20190621_002245

First layer of Fiberglass and checking the overall layout and flow of the door panel.

20190705_184119

Getting it roughed in n almost ready for the duraglass.

20190712_162443

I decided since I'm already working on this, to go on n mold the seams, fill in the door light hole and remove some of the vents in the bottom of door... I'm going to mount some blue LED's behind the 3 remaining slots to come on when door is opened.

20190712_161802

Got it pretty close to how I want it, just cleaning up the edges and need to trim the foam inside the speaker holes a bit... And I believe I may be ready for a coat of Rage. Getting closer.

Nice work brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Are you planning to open up the door to match or are they going to fit leaving the doors stock ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Are you planning to open up the door to match or are they going to fit leaving the doors stock ???

Not sure if I know what you mean by "open up the door"?

...But (aside from the trim panel above armrest and one that I'm making to balance out the middle of door) they will be painted black w silver pearl to match the outside whenever I get the rest of truck ready for paint. And I'm thinking of a 1" charcoal grey (possibly marbled w silver) stripe following the upper body line that I will continue into door jams and onto the door panel when you open it up.

23 minutes ago, Epic said:

Or are you asking if I need to cut the door for speaker clearance?

Was there a stock 6.5” driver location 

Yea there was one, but I couldn't cut a hole for the second speaker because of the window assembly, so I decided to add a raised baffle so the magnets could clear the inner door instead.

I considered only using one set in the factory location and use the kick if I needed more, but somehow I convinced myself that redesigning my door panel was the better option lol ...but also I felt like both mounted side by side would look better and fit the plans i have for the truck, so why not.

Please make sure that your baffles are secure to the doors directly and not depend on the door panel itself. It is rattles waiting to happen. Just ask me how I know ... lol

Archived