The user manual seems to indicate using a sine wave rather than music. Have you tried that? Admittedly I don't own one so I'm not familiar with typical behavior for these units

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, Robin Dobbie said:

Tried both. I did music also so that I would at least have transients powerful enough so that I could achieve peaks that I knew for a fact, beyond any stretch of the imagination were more than an order of magnitude greater than .9 to 2 watts. 

Hey Robin were you able to figure out this issue I'm having the same problem

• 8 months later...

I am having a similar problem where I am only seeing maybe 1-5 watts max when I know it should be more like 2000-2500 in any respective mode. And my other problem is that the meter always shows either 200.0 ohm or sometimes >200ohm when I have a 2ohm setup... Also the button response is sometimes non existent but this is the least of the issues. I have tried test tones and music, three different new batteries and two systems, all to no avail

Unfortunately I see VERY few answers or solutions to AMM-1 issues on this forum. This was the first use ever on this unit and I am extremely disappointed as I was over the moon  when it arrived last week from Sky High and overall just stoked to own a tool like this. 

I am really hoping it is something I am doing wrong even though I have done it all exactly by the manual with many attempts. 

2 hours ago, East Coast Tim said:

I am having a similar problem where I am only seeing maybe 1-5 watts max when I know it should be more like 2000-2500 in any respective mode. And my other problem is that the meter always shows either 200.0 ohm or sometimes >200ohm when I have a 2ohm setup... Also the button response is sometimes non existent but this is the least of the issues. I have tried test tones and music, three different new batteries and two systems, all to no avail

Unfortunately I see VERY few answers or solutions to AMM-1 issues on this forum. This was the first use ever on this unit and I am extremely disappointed as I was over the moon  when it arrived last week from Sky High and overall just stoked to own a tool like this. 

I am really hoping it is something I am doing wrong even though I have done it all exactly by the manual with many attempts. 

I haven't seen that behavior out of my AMM-1 and I use it to measure both music and sign waves for real-time power and peak.

Maybe reach out to D'Amore Engineering for support: [email protected]

I know Steve Mead is pretty customer obsessed and I expect Tony and Juan are just as customer obsessed as Steve.  Hopefully they can get you sorted out.