Second Skin Audio

JL W7 13.5" T-Line 25hz?

How appropriate a 25 hz T-line is going to be for you depends on the specs of the T-line and what your goals are.  Without knowing that it impossible to answer you question.  

Asking if that T-line will work well is like asking is a Ford Mustang a good car, sure it is if you want to go fast, but its not if you want to haul 8 sheets of plywood home from the store, or take 5 friends out for dinner.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

38 minutes ago, KingTroop007 said:

Well loud low bass is the goal and i don't know about specs as I'm unfamiliar with box building.

How loud?  How low?  At some point one of these is going to come at the expense of the other.  

How much power will you be running?

How much space do you have available?  A t-line enclosure can be VERY large. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

You are going to need a lot of space.  To tune to 25 hz the line has to be around 140 inches long.  Assuming you make the line area equal to cone area that over 8 cubes of internal volume.  

Do you plan on wiring to your amp at .75 ohms or 3 ohms?  Depending on how they are designed t-lines can suffer from very little cone control.  I'd hate to see you destroy that sub. 

Builds:

10 hours ago, KingTroop007 said:

It'll be wired a 3 ohms I don't want to destroy it either. But do you think that box is feasible if not what are your suggestions?

I crunched some numbers in HornResp and it looks like a t-line should work out well assuming your wire to 3 ohms.  

For specs I'd suggest 77.5 sq in of line area, which is a little less than cone area, but will help keep cone excursion under control.  Make the line 135" long to tune to about 25 Hz.  

Builds:

Archived