Sundown Audio

Anyone know if I can run an ampere 5k at .5ohm?

escottl92

9 minutes ago, escottl92 said:

I have one ampere 5k and I want to get the most out of it, my subs are dual 2ohm, can I run my ampere 5k at .5 ohm??

All day long with proper electrical. I actually talked to the owner of ampere last week and he said " let's I just be honest, 80% of people who run my equipment run it wired down to half" that's was his words not mine lol. Those amps are strong and they rate them at 12.8v so assuming you can hold 13.2-13.8+/- you'll be real happy with that amp @.5

Your gonna see like 7k at .5 , what subs U running.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

53 minutes ago, DiBo said:

All day long with proper electrical. I actually talked to the owner of ampere last week and he said " let's I just be honest, 80% of people who run my equipment run it wired down to half" that's was his words not mine lol. Those amps are strong and they rate them at 12.8v so assuming you can hold 13.2-13.8+/- you'll be real happy with that amp @.5

Thank you for the reply. 

I am going to get a second amp this summer but wanted the most out of it now. I have a 320a alt, a AGM65 under the hood and have all the wire I need. I just need a second battery now, any suggestions? 

For 7k more like batteries. Any good AGM, I like Kinetic but XS Power seems to be big here but lithium is always the best.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

only run all my amps down....... all of em....

i did run 2 Ampere 3800s daily at .33. Both of them melted down in about 3 months. Andrew was even impressed with the damage lol. I like to wire down, but, every board has its limits for sure. It was heat that did mine in. They would protect, from being hotter than the sun after long demo's, horsing around. Id just flip my switch to get em back on, and pound on em more. Completly my fault. Had em both rebuilt, got 2 more and ran em all at .7 nominal, and never saw another issue for about 2 seasons of competing.....sold em as working (well, used them in the burban build for about 2 seasons, then sold em working)

Ive ran some boards, wired down, and i hated the way they played. Slew rate (control) goes out the window when wired in the dirt, and amperage pull (efficency) goes to hell...... just gotta find a rad line to not cross. Youll make way more power wired lower, no doubt,.... thats why people have been doing it for decades. 

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

only run all my amps down....... all of em....

i did run 2 Ampere 3800s daily at .33. Both of them melted down in about 3 months. Andrew was even impressed with the damage lol. I like to wire down, but, every board has its limits for sure. It was heat that did mine in. They would protect, from being hotter than the sun after long demo's, horsing around. Id just flip my switch to get em back on, and pound on em more. Completly my fault. Had em both rebuilt, got 2 more and ran em all at .7 nominal, and never saw another issue for about 2 seasons of competing.....sold em as working (well, used them in the burban build for about 2 seasons, then sold em working)

Ive ran some boards, wired down, and i hated the way they played. Slew rate (control) goes out the window when wired in the dirt, and amperage pull (efficency) goes to hell...... just gotta find a rad line to not cross. Youll make way more power wired lower, no doubt,.... thats why people have been doing it for decades. 

Quit bragging bitch!

Ran my American Bass VFL for 3yrs at .6 and with good electrical it handled fine . Still got the amp it out lasted my truck.

Archived