4 4 ohm mids wired to 2 ohms, possible?

shepherd92683

Are you talking about one mid driver per door ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

To be more specific, what I have is a Boston gt2125. Wanting to run a pair of Skar components up front and a pair of Skar coaxials in the rear. All 4 ohms of course. Specs for amp on page 3 of the link. 

Looking to maximize power output to somewhat keep up with either 2 12’s or a 15 on a 4k.

https://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/pdf/telecharge.php?pdf=Boston-Acoustics-GT-275-Owners-Manual.pdf

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

so ur running 2 ohms per channel basically. whats the problem?  use google man seems like a non question

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

14 minutes ago, Masterbasser said:

so ur running 2 ohms per channel basically. whats the problem?  use google man seems like a non question

Is there a way to wire them mono to pull the 600 watts from the amp and not stereo at 400? That’s 50% more power and what I’m trying to achieve. 

Build coming soon

Personally, I run Boston drivers over Skar drivers any day. Just Saying 

also, dropping ohm loads on a class a/b amplifier will not make more power, just limit your tuning capabilities.

you need to run the components on the front channels and the coax drivers on the rear channels. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

45 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Personally, I run Boston drivers over Skar drivers any day. Just Saying 

also, dropping ohm loads on a class a/b amplifier will not make more power, just limit your tuning capabilities.

you need to run the components on the front channels and the coax drivers on the rear channels. 

I prefer the Boston’s too. I had been running some Skar pa’s on a Boston 4100 and they were crazy loud, only so much sq of course. I will take your advice and run them both stereo on each channel. Thanks. 

Build coming soon

• 2 months later...

If I'm correct, the OP is asking a question that I've also been wondering. No trying to take over OP's post, but here you go.

My amp Hifonics BRX 5000.5
4 ohm - 60 x 4 +475
2 ohm - 120 x 4 + 750
1 ohm - CH5: 1000 x 1
Mono Bridge @ 4 ohms - 240 x 2

My subwoofers (2 x DS18 Z10 Elite) are wired at 1 ohm. 

Speakers - 
Front - JBL GTO939 
Rear - JBL GX963
Dash - Rockford Fosgate P132

*5 Channel Amp
Each channel will be identified w/a letter. From left to right - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H & the 5th channel is for the sub.

This is what my little mind refuses to understand.

Is it possible to use the amps full potential and push 120 x 4 or 240 x 2? If so, common sense tells me my only choice is 240 x 2 Bridged. Is that correct? If yes, for the 1st 4 channels. my wiring will have the 2 positives in one channel (A) and the 2 negatives in one channel (D). Next up would be the 4 remaining channels, which I'd basically do the same as i did previously. both positives wired to channel (E) and both negatives wired to channel (H).

Am I correct, or does this comment have you shaking your head??? lol

Archived