Second Skin Audio

Sundown Audio Red Spider vs. Black Spider

image91

Good day folks. The black spider pack for the Nightshade i was hoping to order is no longer available to me where i am from. How different are the spiders? How much will it affect the output? Seeing that the FS on the 15 is still around 34Hz on the Sundown site. i am looking to achieve between 26Hz-36Hz comfortably. Tuning to around 30Hz. Would the red spider pack still suit my application? 

Still have the Zv5 series available to me worste case scenario. Would consider a 15 in it. On a Deaf Bonce AAK-4000.1D, would i be better off sticking to the Zv5? Would it maximize my power better? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Need to decide soon. Time is a factor. 

Thanks all! 

I think you'd need a little more power for the nsv4. I ran a zv5 15 at .5 on an AAK-4000.1D and it could've taken more. Rise and tuning are factors obviously. My enclosure was tuned to 31. Nsv4 on an AAK-5500.1@ .5 easily. The red spider just helps with additional power. It's just a stiffer spider pack. What the black spider is to the tan spider... The red spider is to the black spider. They take a little longer to break in also. I have a buddy that runs four nsv4 15's in a flat wall on 2 NS2 amps. 

4 minutes ago, image91 said:

Great info sir. So basically a Zv5 will be more along the lines of what i should be looking at? & should handle the power comfortably? 

I did 147db on a single zv5 15@36 Hz ( fresh out the box new) and I didn't seal my trunk off from cancellation. Had more in it. Good combo

What @DiBo said....I have 2 NSv4 18s in a 6th order with a sundown SCV7500 on each wired at .4 each and they take it all day 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived