Sundown Audio

Max RCA Output Voltage My Amp Can Handle?

Kennyy

Hey guys quick question. I Was wondering what the proper way to find out what my amps max rca input voltage can be? I’m going to be running an audiocontrol lc2i and want to give the cleanest possible signal to my amp but don’t want to overfeed or even possibly underfeed rca input voltage to my amp by turning the lc2i gain too high on the bass dial . I understand the lc2i has a distortion detector built in but I’ve read that It will only prevent distortion to the lc2i input signal not protect the amps input signal from distorting

amp is 

Hifonics 1516.1D

gains are set at:

Level: will decide after max rca output V

Subsonic:24Hz

Phase:0

Bass EQ:8DB (with bass knob normally at 1/4)

LPF:65HZ

running 2 Skar Audio vvx 12 @ 1ohm 

3.8 cu ft tuned to 32hz

I checked the manual but doesn’t say anything about max voltage that can be fed to the rca inputs of the amp but I’ve read 4-6v is usual the rating but want to make sure I get max signal considering the lc2i can go up to 8.5v, that way I utilize the gain as least as possible. Can anyone help me out! Thanks in advanced! 

16 minutes ago, Mike4068 said:

It's the input sensitivity of your amp. Check your spec sheet. 

Ahhh got it! 

So if it says 200mv-9v, I can feed it all 9v? I’m assuming since it’s not cea certified anymore that’s not very accurate. So I’m assuming a 6v signal is okay? Thank you for your response. :)

Really anything your amp will work with is fine. Higher RCA input voltages are good for lots of amps or SQ competitions. From what your set up seems to be I wouldn't worry so much about RCA voltages as long as it is enough for your amps to work. That being said, I usually aim for 2V as a minimum.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 1 month later...

Archived