Yo guys im new here, this is my first post. need some help Ive been building in my 2002 f 150 with a campertop and was wondering has anybody "successfully" welded the truck bed to the truck cab?. Im willing to go full out with it ive already took out ac heat airbags wireing harnesses, and everything that isnt nessasary for bass. Made  Mdf floor, firewall. The birch dash is coming soon, doing ceiling in solid birch to,ext.. the whole back of my truck cab is getting cut out for 4th order, ill add welded supports for safty and strength of course. just want somthing more solid than an accordion boot in between if possible for spl db and safty reasons. I know trucks flex but id like to make it more van like metal camper maybe? any help or sugestions would be awesome thanks so much 

I have a 02 Ford F150 Super Crew. With that being said, Trying to weld the cab and bed together is something I would not do. If you search around, plenty of Blow-Through setups have been successfully built in these vehicles. just need to install weather strip accordion boot onto the bed and cab. Please understand, this is only my observation and suggestion with this. Good Luck and Welcome to SMD.

Edited by White Lightning
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks for the good advice white lighting ive got an accordion  boot in here now have ruffly a 1 ft by probly 2 1/2  port cut out with boot  in it ive gota  go bigger so i was guna see what diffrent ways people are sealing there  blowthroughs in trucks if i cant weld it togather what are you all doin to make the seal look sexy n smooth n solid mine just looks like black rubber thought about smoothing silicone on it to make it tuffer still ploting and scheming any ideas on making boot tuffer,? Pvc around it? 

Any particular accordion boots you recommend to use thats super tuff and thick? Last one i got wasnt very thick im kicking round the idea of just doin the boot but still curious if anybodys done major welding and modification to there truck so that bed and frame doesnt flex wondering how a f 150 van frame would differ from my frame im crazy nuff id take the entire body apart to make it happen no matter the cost or time it took if anybody has any wild lol i know it aint the norm and going with boot is usual way and had lots of people say im nuts for considering welding body to cab and trust me i am nuts lol but its all for da love of bass and doin somthing that is extreme and diffrent if any body has any welding ideas thats out there lmk if i cant get it figured ill do da boot thats no problem did em before only thing stock on this truck now is paint which is changeing soon ima rust it with acid and beer so the crazyer the ideas the better folks im one of the wilder bass heads that dont sport beauty panels  n like to get dirty any advice i greatly thank you all and take it to heart

It’s not going to work.. look at how trucks flex even turning or uneven ground. You’re going the make stress cracks and possibly destroying the truck.. what you do is get accordion boot and remove the rear glass. The boot will be weather strip that will have flex to it 

15 hours ago, Late night bass dude said:

Any particular accordion boots you recommend to use thats super tuff and thick? Last one i got wasnt very thick im kicking round the idea of just doin the boot but still curious if anybodys done major welding and modification to there truck so that bed and frame doesnt flex wondering how a f 150 van frame would differ from my frame im crazy nuff id take the entire body apart to make it happen no matter the cost or time it took if anybody has any wild lol i know it aint the norm and going with boot is usual way and had lots of people say im nuts for considering welding body to cab and trust me i am nuts lol but its all for da love of bass and doin somthing that is extreme and diffrent if any body has any welding ideas thats out there lmk if i cant get it figured ill do da boot thats no problem did em before only thing stock on this truck now is paint which is changeing soon ima rust it with acid and beer so the crazyer the ideas the better folks im one of the wilder bass heads that dont sport beauty panels  n like to get dirty any advice i greatly thank you all and take it to heart

Plain and simple, you’re not going to get any louder or hit any better numbers on a meter by doing that crazy shit you’re talking. But if you feel froggy and don’t actually give a shit about your truck ... get to cutting !!! 

I can go into the back 40 of my shed and pull out an enclosure that got cracked and water logged because of trying to mate a cab and bed together ... trucks are designed to twist and give, which is why they are so strong in working applications. 

Like I said in my earlier post in this thread ... do a search for custom blow through setups and get your share of SQ, SPL, and ground pounders. 

That frame on Fords in particular are not meant to be tampered with like that. My suggestion would be to get you a SUV if you want a bumper to bumper vehicle.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks so much for the great feedback its so cool getting to communicate with fellow bass heads i guess im sold on da boot now guys still may make a metal camper top but accordion  boot seems best way to go im gunna cut out most of the back of truck and make the port in the box instead of doin window or bottom port through truck body prob throw in some pipeing for braceing on roof to floor you all have been so helpfull was wondering where to post pics of ride on here to show the progress or if thats even a thing this is practically the first forum ive joined like hearing gud ideas as the build continues and prob will have more questions as i go further neway thanks to you all again 

As someone who went through two itterations of boot on their blow-through/cut-through, make sure you don't have any bare metal when you attach the boot. Like an idiot, I clamped on my boot to bare metal and a year later it started to leak because water got in and rusted the boot clamp. I'm in the process of welding on a flange to the cab that sticks into the bed. That way the only part I have to seal is where the flange enters the cab. I'll be posting pics soon on my build log, but have attached a couple so you can see what I'm talking about.

KbeghUc.jpg

plCw435.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1