Head Unit Volume Control

I know I'm not the only one, but I never have been a fan of how long it takes to turn down the volume of my head unit using the touch screen.

At the moment, I have 2 RCA level knobs between my head unit and both amps, but I'd rather have 1 that controls everything.

What do you guys use to solve that issue?

Inline RCA level knob? DSP gain control? Dash mount EQ Volume and Sub level knobs? 

My Helix DSP has an optional volume / sub control but I never use it. My Kenwood has a remote. I had the interphase for steering wheel but I never used them either. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I hate touch volume control. Love knobs. Fuck I'm old. 

Edit- my kenwood does cut total volume in half holding the vol button for about a second. Which I do like when I get it in, volume was maxed and just start it up or swap to another source. 

On 5/30/2019 at 6:06 PM, Kyblack76 said:

I hate touch volume control. Love knobs. Fuck I'm old. 

Edit- my kenwood does cut total volume in half holding the vol button for about a second. Which I do like when I get it in, volume was maxed and just start it up or swap to another source. 

I love knobs too, but I dont think its bc I'm old. I think most guys do :D

Seriously tho, that would be nice if my current head unit could cut the volume in half, would be much easier to deal with. May need to keep that feature in mind when I get my new one this Summer.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:29 PM, White Lightning said:

My Helix DSP has an optional volume / sub control but I never use it. My Kenwood has a remote. I had the interphase for steering wheel but I never used them either. 

My DSP has a dash mount remote also, but I cant find it anywhere and it's too hard for me to keep up w head unit remotes so I tend to jus leave them in my glove box vs losing em. (See a trend? Lol) If I could use my DSP volume control that would be ideal, but in the meantime, the search continues...

On 5/31/2019 at 7:56 PM, Epic said:

I love knobs too, but I dont think its bc I'm old. I think most guys do :D

Seriously tho, that would be nice if my current head unit could cut the volume in half, would be much easier to deal with. May need to keep that feature in mind when I get my new one this Summer.

My DSP has a dash mount remote also, but I cant find it anywhere and it's too hard for me to keep up w head unit remotes so I tend to jus leave them in my glove box vs losing em. (See a trend? Lol) If I could use my DSP volume control that would be ideal, but in the meantime, the search continues...

Isn't that the att? To cut volume in.half

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Archived