Idle/driving voltage dropped from 14.5v to 13.2v

My idle and driving voltage has been 14-14.5v and two days ago it started staying at 13.2-13.3v. When I first start the truck it will climb to 14.5v then within a few minutes will drop and hold steady at 13.2v. Is there somthing I could be over looking for this to happen all the sudden?

2015 titan sv crewcab 

Mechman 280

Xs d6500 (underhood)

Xs d3100 (back seat)

Two RF t25001bdcp & t1000-4ad 

Two loaded Fi blv3 15s in 8cu/32hz

Stephen S.

could by your alternator changing into "float" mode charge once the battery reaches full. try revving it and see if it changes? or try restarting the car and see if it immediately goes to 14v or stays at 13.2v?

13.2v is a bit low for float charge though unless its really really hot where your at.

check the amperage draw of the battery and alternator to see if anything is dragging the voltage down by drawing a lot of current/amps or see if simply nothing is drawing much current/amps at all.

Using A/C now or something that causes a bigger load ?

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Of course since I said somthing it's gone back up over the last few hours it's now back to 14-14.4v while driving/idling. Earlier I would put a load on it and it would hold 14's at idle but once I put it in drive and would hit around 2k rpms it would drop to 13.2 and stay. It's been around mid 80's this week (in East Tennessee) as of the last few hours it will stay in the 14s unless I start dumping but, will quickly bounce back. Appreciate the input I'm gonna keep an eye on it and pull out the meters when I get to the house 👍 

Stephen S.

• 1 month later...

Archived