Washed my wife’s car and it’s clean , looks clean but when U touch the hood it feels rough. I know it’s dirt embedded in the clear  but how can I get it out so it’s smooth like the rest of the car. I heard there’s a new buffer that can’t burn the paint . I don’t want to use a clay bar or normal buffer because I’m a animal would destroy the paint . U guys know anything I can buy on Amazon to make the hood smooth again and not have to worry about my dumbass hurting the paint . I think it’s called Nano skin anyone use it.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Clay bar it first.  Use a light to medium claybar.  But before that decontaminate the paint using iron x.  Its super easy.  

Also this buffer you speak of is just a DA buffer.  Its super hard to ruin paint because it free spins.  So it will stop. Its not like direct drive.   

If youre to scared to claybar. Pay someone to do a full paint correction and ceramic coating.  It wont be cheap but the results will be worth it

• 2 months later...

iron x smells terrible but works i suggest adams iron remover mainly as it smells better

i have been clay barring today and the best part is the clay tells you when you need more detail spray or its time to mix the clay up (you will feel and see the grit) so you got a clean clay again i was worried but have detailed a couple vehicles now.

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2019 at 7:31 AM, ToNasty said:

Clay bar it first.  Use a light to medium claybar.  But before that decontaminate the paint using iron x.  Its super easy.  

Also this buffer you speak of is just a DA buffer.  Its super hard to ruin paint because it free spins.  So it will stop. Its not like direct drive.   

If youre to scared to claybar. Pay someone to do a full paint correction and ceramic coating.  It wont be cheap but the results will be worth it

Agree. That's the best way.

An automotive enthusiast.

https://autance.com/

Archived