Sundown Audio

17 minutes ago, Audiohz said:

I'm at 5.34 cube total net for two subs 2.5 each 

do a fiq 18 on that 2000 watts sealed just seal the holes and make a new top if you have enough area to have an 18 lol   it can be a 2.5 to a 4 cubed box   hell it can be 5 cubed ported if you could make an external port lol

Sealed boxes are very Punchy but never had an issue with lows , I would just try sealed and if you don’t like it build a new box but I’m pretty sure if you have sealed now you’ll be fine with these subs sealed. I went with 3 10’s sealed to compensate for 2 ported 10’s. I also built a ported box for 2 10’s and it was very close to the same sound as the sealed but not as punchy though. I really liked the sealed sound. If U have room for ported I would go that route.

Edited by Ron36

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Pics of my sealed and ported boxes.

83713D29-42E0-40BD-AB69-2B5AA3187D3E.jpeg

E172C54A-ECC0-41FC-92C2-82FE17BA1421.jpeg

3F039EB1-DEA1-4E6B-A189-AB3A0A468307.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

12 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Sealed boxes are very Punchy but never had an issue with lows , I would just try sealed and if you don’t like it build a new box but I’m pretty sure if you have sealed now you’ll be fine with these subs sealed. I went with 3 10’s sealed to compensate for 2 ported 10’s. I also built a ported box for 2 10’s and it was very close to the same sound as the sealed but not as punchy though. I really liked the sealed sound. If U have room for ported I would go that route.

With your 10's where they at spec to sundown sealed spec ? Did you use poly fil or anything in the box?

I did use polyfill, I called Sundown and each sub had its own chamber so like 3 separate boxes  , that’s what they recommended. Built to Sundown spec. I’ve heard the V3 SA’s don’t like sealed but I could be wrong.

Edited by Ron36

2 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I did use polyfill, I called Sundown and each sub had its own chamber so like 3 separate boxes  , that’s what they recommended. 

Good to know ... thanks for the help man. I'm going to get some in the am . As far as I know rule on poly fil is about a pound per cube so I'll try that.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Sundown also said if running sealed run more power to subs so 1k each would be perfect butt make sure your electrical is good.

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1