Show n Tell... Let's see some Front stage set ups!

Epic

22 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Are you using a tweeter in the truck? Because the l2se off axis how those rams are will need a tweeter

No i just have the l6se in the doors and l2se in the dash. Wanted to keep the Ram build simpler than the Chargers build lol. I figured since the l2se had a frequency response of 170hz-20khz, i wouldnt need a tweet. It can get kinna harsh already, i drop the tweets whole bandwidth down a couple dbs. I think thats the right wording "bandwidth". I believe its the network 3 section on the 80prs. I dont have the ear to tune tho or to notice if something is missing. Nooby ears. 

You think theres a noticable difference from the l2se in the dash to say the a-pillar on axis? I dont think id ever add a tweet to whats already there, but maybe relocating the l2se later down the road.

1 hour ago, 06RTCharger said:

No i just have the l6se in the doors and l2se in the dash. Wanted to keep the Ram build simpler than the Chargers build lol. I figured since the l2se had a frequency response of 170hz-20khz, i wouldnt need a tweet. It can get kinna harsh already, i drop the tweets whole bandwidth down a couple dbs. I think thats the right wording "bandwidth". I believe its the network 3 section on the 80prs. I dont have the ear to tune tho or to notice if something is missing. Nooby ears. 

You think theres a noticable difference from the l2se in the dash to say the a-pillar on axis? I dont think id ever add a tweet to whats already there, but maybe relocating the l2se later down the road.

Yes.  There is beaming imvolved.  The higher the frequency the smaller (not as wide) of a wave.  

Im still a huge believer that "nothing replaces a tweeter"

15 hours ago, will77530 said:

I disagree 

I own a brand new pair of 4" midrange drivers, a slightly used pair of 5.25" midrange drivers, and a brand new pair of 8" midbass drivers. The Avalanche only had factory locations in the doors, so without cutting metal, I went with the 6.5" drivers and made stealthy A-Pilars to replace the shitty BOSE tweeters. My tweeters are comfortable going low enough that I can blend (active), phase compensate, and time align easily with the 6.5" drivers so there is a seemless transaction between drivers. If my Avalanche application called for additional drivers, I would have easily used them. According to my very first MECA scoresheet with a seasoned veteran judge, flat EQ, and minimal time alignment, I feel for the competition class I'm shooting for ... I made the correct installation choices for my application.

14 hours ago, Epic said:

Well I have a DSP, but havent hooked it up yet and have zero experience tuning one, so would you suggest a 4" mid in the pillar along w my tweeter?

You have a 95-96 GMT400 dash ... One of the most difficult to work with. There is no telling what you would have to do to make things "correct" with that dash. However, Your factory door midbass locations are "ideal" for a sound setup.

26203464093_large.jpg

26203464094_large.jpg

You have to be careful with "Large cone area" drivers because if you stage and image, It's possible that a "rainbow effect" can occur if not careful. Not Good, which is why in my opinion, when it comes to Sound Quality, a 6.5" midbass driver is an ideal application in most setups.

Eventually, All of this work "including additional steel bracing" will be done to my Avalanche. Door panel's external appearance will have to somehow stay stock for MECA Street Class.

5 hours ago, ToNasty said:

I'm still a huge believer that "nothing replaces a tweeter"

I agree ... Just Saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

15 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Yes.  There is beaming imvolved.  The higher the frequency the smaller (not as wide) of a wave.  

Im still a huge believer that "nothing replaces a tweeter"

Do you think it would be a big difference if i was to throw my L1ProR2 Tweeters in place of the L2SE?? Do tweeters do better off axis and less beaming? I assume its not optimal to have it way off axis in the dash like it is, but going from the L2se to a L1Pro R2 would it sound better, u think?

3 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Do you think it would be a big difference if i was to throw my L1ProR2 Tweeters in place of the L2SE?? Do tweeters do better off axis and less beaming? I assume its not optimal to have it way off axis in the dash like it is, but going from the L2se to a L1Pro R2 would it sound better, u think?

You need to get an rta. But audiofrog gb15 > hat l1pro

7 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

I’ve heard vehicles set up similar to yours. Sounded great. Not many people run the equipment you have. I think the best thing you could do for us is to test and tune with both applications and come back to give us a review. Since you don’t compete, I don’t feel a RTA is necessary, but wouldn’t hurt. 

I’m trying to get over to Ray’s (Linear Power) to get a RTA on the Avalanche. See what happens ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On 6/9/2019 at 2:17 PM, White Lightning said:

You have a 95-96 GMT400 dash ... One of the most difficult to work with. There is no telling what you would have to do to make things "correct" with that dash. However, Your factory door midbass locations are "ideal" for a sound setup.

26203464093_large.jpg

26203464094_large.jpg

You have to be careful with "Large cone area" drivers because if you stage and image, It's possible that a "rainbow effect" can occur if not careful. Not Good, which is why in my opinion, when it comes to Sound Quality, a 6.5" midbass driver is an ideal application in most setups.

Eventually, All of this work "including additional steel bracing" will be done to my Avalanche. Door panel's external appearance will have to somehow stay stock for MECA Street Class.

Yea I'm looking forward to working my mids around the big hump on the driver side of dash, if that's what you mean.

I was playing around with my speaker placement before I decided where I want the tweeter to be on my pillars and to my (inexperienced) ears it seemed to sound best 12" down and on axis to the opposite seat with the mids just below and slightly further back, aimed about 2 feet behind windshield on roof. Granted, I only spent about 20 minutes and didnt have any real precise tuning to work with, but I thought it shouldve sounded better if both were on axis. ?

This is only an idea until I upgrade and can retest using the actual speakers because I would imagine it's possible for 2 similar speakers to sound their best in 2 different locations. I'm confident at some point I can get it to sound good to my ears though. (I've never heard a true SQ vehicle, so I probably wouldnt know the difference anyways lol)

So... What is a rainbow effect?

10 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I’ve heard vehicles set up similar to yours. Sounded great. Not many people run the equipment you have. I think the best thing you could do for us is to test and tune with both applications and come back to give us a review. Since you don’t compete, I don’t feel a RTA is necessary, but wouldn’t hurt. 

I’m trying to get over to Ray’s (Linear Power) to get a RTA on the Avalanche. See what happens ...

Yah id like to compare. Not sure if my ears would be able to hear the difference. If i do notice it then it must be a big difference. I do have an RTA but its the cheap one from audio control. The mic plugs into an iphone or ipad. Ive messed around with it a few times, i liked doing burps with the subs i just put in lol. Numbers are super low but it was still cool having a system and equipment to test a "burp" with. 

Lol youve got too many connections, give the other competitors a chance man lol jk.

Archived