Sundown Audio

Brutal sounds bs 2.1 90% efficiency? For real?

akuma4u

Hey. I need to buy a 2kish range amp. I got my choices down to brutal sounds bs 2.1 and the wolfram c2400

Both do about same numbers. Bs2.1 is korean while wolf isnt. Bs2.1 apparently does over 90% efficiency based on budget gem or bust dyno on youtube. 

Purpose of this thread is to find out if that efficiency is legit or is something else going on? I did research and found out the brutal sounds company incorrectly advertised their bs5.1 amps current draw and had to remove their dyno  on fb and refund a couple guys for false advertising so i hope the same thing isnt going on with the 2.1.

Wolfram is much cheaper as well than the bs 2.1. But if that 90% efficiency at 1ohm is true on the bs, then its worth the extra cash in my opinion. I appreciate all advice on which way i should go.

Thanks

The mix up was third party fault not affiliated with Brutal Sounds. Brutal Sounds had all the incorrect information removed by that third party. No fault was made by Brutal Sounds.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The 2.1 efficiency tests were also third party, so you'll need to contact the tester, Ryan Blankenship, for detailed information on how the test results were acquired.

Sponsored by:

Kenwood

Pioneer

Linear Power

YWS

LoCrew Customs

AirRide

SMC

Viair

Series-tuned 6th on 4.8kw @8ohms.

53 minutes ago, HyPer LEDs said:

The 2.1 efficiency tests were also third party, so you'll need to contact the tester, Ryan Blankenship, for detailed information on how the test results were acquired.

According to blankenship, he was also surprised by the 91% efficiency and retested multiple times. He even replaced batteries in his clamps. But always came to the same result. On another forum, some users said there could be something going on with the caps not emptying fully or something but the feeling i got from that thread was that the 91 isnt absolutely accurate. Other than ryan blankenship, i do not know of anyone else who has tested that amp. Ive tried contacting brutal sounds many times with no response. 

Personally, I have two of them. In my opinion, worth every penny. This coming from a diehard class A/B guy. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

6 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Personally, I have two of them. In my opinion, worth every penny. This coming from a diehard class A/B guy. 

Have u been able to notice or verify supreme efficiency levels at 1 ohm? 

57 minutes ago, akuma4u said:

Have u been able to notice or verify supreme efficiency levels at 1 ohm? 

Forgive me for saying, but I could give a shit less about efficiency. But I can tell you the power and dynamics are very impressive for a class d amplifier. Had excellent scores with Meca Sound Quality competition in the sub frequency range ...

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 12:45 PM, akuma4u said:

Hey. I need to buy a 2kish range amp. I got my choices down to brutal sounds bs 2.1 and the wolfram c2400

Both do about same numbers. Bs2.1 is korean while wolf isnt. Bs2.1 apparently does over 90% efficiency based on budget gem or bust dyno on youtube. 

Purpose of this thread is to find out if that efficiency is legit or is something else going on? I did research and found out the brutal sounds company incorrectly advertised their bs5.1 amps current draw and had to remove their dyno  on fb and refund a couple guys for false advertising so i hope the same thing isnt going on with the 2.1.

Wolfram is much cheaper as well than the bs 2.1. But if that 90% efficiency at 1ohm is true on the bs, then its worth the extra cash in my opinion. I appreciate all advice on which way i should go.

Thanks

I have a Brutal Sounds 2.1 and that thing is a beast and sounds completely awesome.   The Brutal Sounds replaced a Hifonics Brutus 1700.1 and a Skar RP-2000. It blows both away in power, efficiency, and sound quality.   Cannot beat it for 350 bucks. I'm a thrasher heavy metal guy and clarity of my bass is essential.  Handles it with ease.  I hope this helps.

Archived