Problems with Audiocontrol Lc2i

Hey guys so I just finished up wiring my lc2i. I’m having issues with it though. 

So basically my subwoofers are reading extremely low voltage, I’m running 2 skar audio vvx12 with a hifonics brx1516.1 at 1 ohm. My target voltage (level on amp) after doing the math is 38.72 volts on the multimeter (1500 rms at 1ohm). When I play a 40hz test tone at full volume I’m reading only 3.0  volts even with the gain maxed out when hooking up to the speaker leads on the amp. My lc2i seems to be wired up fine and turning on fine, Positive fused, ground, acc 12v remote (not using gto remote), and my factory subwoofer leads into the speaker inputs. If I max out the lc2i (bass and accubass knobs) the Bass kicks in but at extremely low volume. At max volume of both lc2i and Headunit as well as all the gains set on the amp I’m getting very low sound from my subs.

my lc2i BASS adjustment knob is adjusted to a notch before clipping at max volume which is about 75% turned clockwise, the accubass at about 25% clockwise and the accubass threshold on the side is fully clockwise considering I have no bass roll off.

Amp Gains are: 

level: 3/4 up

subsonic: 24hz (box tuned to 32hz)

phase: 0

bass eq: 2DB

LPF:65hz

Also noting that the amp does NOT go into protect mode or anything, everything seems to be okay with the amp and wiring, everything worked perfectly before the lc2i install.

Could it be that the subwoofer leads from my factory BOSE subwoofer are already low output and it’s feeding a low output into the lc2i instead of a high signal being fed? I had a line out converter hooked up to the same leads and had no issues at all so I’m super confused as to how that worked! I have an Infiniti G37 with stock Bose  if it matters, Any help?

Figured it out guys.

If this ever helps anyone, the G37 Bose system stock subwoofer provides a low signal already, meaning without a line out converter you can just splice the rca +/- into the subwoofer inputs. 

With a LOC passive or active, I found that pins 16 and 17 were hi output signals that my lc2i was able to bring back down to a low signal. 

Reason i I used the lc2i over splicing RCA into the already low level is that the Bose amp only provides a clean 1.5v-4v signal. My lc2i provides 6.4v before clipping so I decided to keep my lc2i. 

I have tried both, same exact setup and the lc2i still provides a much cleaner signal than the already clean signal the Bose amp feeds meaning my amp gains are much lower, so if anyone is ever in this debate. Definitely go with the lc2i if you’re willing to put all the extra work and wiring. Hope this helps someone out in the future :)

• 11 months later...

Archived