Lug nuts true or full of shit

The Toyota Camry I have has those shitty lug nuts too.. I got a screwdriver and looked for a socket that fit. I’m going to have to replace them 

i can't say how many times i had customers complain we were taking too long with a rotate, because of these little tinned capped nuts. Oh and if we 'damaged' one. We are never coming back...

ford's also had a 13/16" lug people used the wrong socket (metric) on all the time, and then they would swell

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Here in upper Michigan the rust swells between the outer shiny casing and the lug nut and sometimes even the 1/2 sizes don't fit. End up beating a socket on and replacing the lug nuts . Toyota steel lug nuts kinda mushroom at the small end of the taper after getting old also. I buy the solid lug nuts from dorman and every set I have sold and installed have been good for many years after that. We have extreme conditions up here so if it works here it'll work anywhere else twice as long I'm sure

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:08 PM, deathcards said:

i can't say how many times i had customers complain we were taking too long with a rotate, because of these little tinned capped nuts. Oh and if we 'damaged' one. We are never coming back...

ford's also had a 13/16" lug people used the wrong socket (metric) on all the time, and then they would swell

i work for a tire shop and its always "our" fault their shit is swollen SMH they like to complain and say we are just trying to sell them stuff they dont need.

who do you work for? i work at discount tire in northern Indiana

Owned a few cars with them on there, and always went to the parts store and got a 4 way wrench, and when they swelled i would cut the shell off and throw the casings away.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, BeatBox said:

i work for a tire shop and its always "our" fault their shit is swollen SMH they like to complain and say we are just trying to sell them stuff they dont need.

who do you work for? i work at discount tire in northern Indiana

i worked for a kia, lincoln, and mazda dealership. i finally got out of that stress hole about 2 months ago.

p.s. i can't type today or gramar

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived