New components needed!

ehall8702

Yeah the components are 3 ohm, and absolutely no room to add 6 1/2s to the rear c pillars, not without custom pods or something like that and I am not willing to modify ANY panels on my truck. As far as distortion on the rears, I will have fader very far to the front just letting the rears have some fill, probably won't even make a difference so may not even hook them up. Luckily my pioneer maxes at 37 and signal distorts at 35. Chances r won't be any distortion on the rears but again doubt they will be loud enough to even bother hooking them up honestly. I have checked and tuned everything with my trusty ol oscope, ZERO distortion ( well at least to 35 lol). I think I will get a matching amp to what I have ( smaller series) and run two sets of the references ( set in doors and a set in kick pods) active. I want a dsp anyways but have an electronic x-over that'll suffice till I get a dsp.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

17 minutes ago, ehall8702 said:

Yeah the components are 3 ohm, and absolutely no room to add 6 1/2s to the rear c pillars, not without custom pods or something like that and I am not willing to modify ANY panels on my truck. As far as distortion on the rears, I will have fader very far to the front just letting the rears have some fill, probably won't even make a difference so may not even hook them up. Luckily my pioneer maxes at 37 and signal distorts at 35. Chances r won't be any distortion on the rears but again doubt they will be loud enough to even bother hooking them up honestly. I have checked and tuned everything with my trusty ol oscope, ZERO distortion ( well at least to 35 lol). I think I will get a matching amp to what I have ( smaller series) and run two sets of the references ( set in doors and a set in kick pods) active. I want a dsp anyways but have an electronic x-over that'll suffice till I get a dsp.

That's signal distortion.

Completely different than the built in amps distortion.

Signal has nothing but a few volts, and it's line level.

Amplified power is lots of volts and is amplified.

I’m assuming you’re doing this to a GMT400 truck by your signature. 

I know from personal experience that there’s a lot of work you can do to the doors to optimize driver performance. Just Saying 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

10 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I’m assuming you’re doing this to a GMT400 truck by your signature. 

I know from personal experience that there’s a lot of work you can do to the doors to optimize driver performance. Just Saying 

Obs Chevy extended cab pickup. Have fast rings, and foam buckets on the door speakers already, have tweeters In factory locations. What else would be a good way to get more sound out of what I already have?

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Sound deadner, mass loaded vinal, steel bracing, etc ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

9 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Sound deadner, mass loaded vinal, steel bracing, etc ...

Have been saving for sound deadener , bracin is probably more than I'd get into...will check into "mass loaded vinal", have no idea what that is lol

Was checking out mass loaded vinyl, basically same as sound deadining without adhesive right? I'm not gonna go too far right now since I am trying to get my hands on some new doors, these have some rust on them and it's more than is easily fixed with a new door skin. I may just spray inside if the door with ruberized undercoating till I get my new doors and can do those right. 

32 minutes ago, Gunnem said:

im not sure if u said u cant do 6.5" anymore but...

I personally love the soundqubed pro audio 6.5", pair for $42.

the magnet is huge though so if its going in your door make sure u have enough room

https://soundqubed.com/product/qp-mr6-5-pro-audio-midrange/

Can do 6.5s in front doors, plenty of room there, said I can't do 6.5 in the rear c pillars, factory is 4x6, so I used adapters and used 4" infinity references , prolly gonna scrap even using them, and they will stay there cause it's a MOFO to remove or replace them ya know?

4 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

Was checking out mass loaded vinyl, basically same as sound deadining without adhesive right? I'm not gonna go too far right now since I am trying to get my hands on some new doors, these have some rust on them and it's more than is easily fixed with a new door skin. I may just spray inside if the door with ruberized undercoating till I get my new doors and can do those right. 

I’m not much on MLV either, but sound deadner is a must ... 

Archived