New components needed!

ehall8702

9 hours ago, CrackFactory said:

Have you tried without the foam buckets? I have tried them a few times but they always seems to hurt more than help. 

I was actually thinking about trying without them, has an odd sound with them. Got sum rust on my doors that will potentially get the elements on my speakers so I'm hesitant to take them out. Output seems alot better since I bridged them on the amp tho. I may just have to deal till I get my new doors .

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

8 minutes ago, Gunnem said:

just buy or build a couple 6.5" boxes and put them wherever in the back

I thought about that also, there really isn't room ( at least without looking super tacky) , my box is huge and takes the WHOLE back seat which I'm not really happy about but haven't really had the time to raise my rear seat and start on a box to fit under it. Was almost tempted to build a fiberglass pod to put iver rear factory locations with at least a 5.25 component set but still going to look stupid I think.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

If you completely deaden those doors it will help alot. Just buy cheaper stuff for now if your gonna b replacing doors anyway. Look up noico and kilmat deadener on ebay. Its like 60 bucks for 32sqft of 80 mil. Should b plenty to wrap both doors up good.

so i know i'm late to the party but i figure i'd drop my 2/100ths of a dollar.

I've personally had these on 200rms and they sounded amazing (when tuned with a dd1 to ensure clean signal obv):  https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/meso-series-speakers/products/meso-6-5-comp

They do have a 3 way setup that people on their fb page have been raving about too for $210: https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/meso-series-speakers/products/meso-6-5-3way-comp  might be worth a shot

I have a set of these on headunit power in the wifes car and they sound good for what it is (may not be what you want but hey options n shit): https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/strato-series-speakers/products/strato-6-5-pa-comp

and finally, the hybrid setup i'm running right now, where my midbass moves my leg hair consists of meso 25mm tweeters in the stock sail panel ( i split up a set of the 5 1/4 components, used the midbass in my rear doors, then used the crossover and tweeters in the front doors) paired with these because of the power i'll be running to them:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039QC6KE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

now those lanzars are literally the heaviest 6.5 mid i've ever held, i had to fab 1.5" spacers and trim my door panel just to get them to fit, but man they sound gooooooddd.  punchy, thumpy, vocals are loud and up front, and i have the tweets turned down -3db on the x over.  

9 hours ago, bmwking said:

so i know i'm late to the party but i figure i'd drop my 2/100ths of a dollar.

I've personally had these on 200rms and they sounded amazing (when tuned with a dd1 to ensure clean signal obv):  https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/meso-series-speakers/products/meso-6-5-comp

They do have a 3 way setup that people on their fb page have been raving about too for $210: https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/meso-series-speakers/products/meso-6-5-3way-comp  might be worth a shot

I have a set of these on headunit power in the wifes car and they sound good for what it is (may not be what you want but hey options n shit): https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/strato-series-speakers/products/strato-6-5-pa-comp

and finally, the hybrid setup i'm running right now, where my midbass moves my leg hair consists of meso 25mm tweeters in the stock sail panel ( i split up a set of the 5 1/4 components, used the midbass in my rear doors, then used the crossover and tweeters in the front doors) paired with these because of the power i'll be running to them:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039QC6KE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

now those lanzars are literally the heaviest 6.5 mid i've ever held, i had to fab 1.5" spacers and trim my door panel just to get them to fit, but man they sound gooooooddd.  punchy, thumpy, vocals are loud and up front, and i have the tweets turned down -3db on the x over.  

ive had the lanzar optis already, definantly loud, my issue has always been the pro audio 6.5s only really play down to like 120hz, and that gives anoticable gap between sub and mids.  I have come to the conclusion im going to put pro audio in the doors, and the infinities in a kick panel. that way I can fade front for loud asf and fade rear for the sq setup. cant have the best of all of it but gotta do something! these 8s r brutal . I bridged the 4 channel to the infinities and after a few hours smoked a tweeter, kinda thought the x-over would have shut it down before it smoked, guess not. going to buy pro tweeters and hook them to infinity xover till I get the rest of everything else ordered. don't need a dsp yet, amp has enuff crossover to run e m active right now too. im lost, just gonna throw speakers at it till I get the sound I want. im gonna buy good quality stuff so I can use it in future setups tho, hate buying things that I can reuse.

just ordered pioneer ts-b350pro tweeters and ts-m650pro mids.. just because its pioneer and mids go down to 60hz. lets see how it works out, then ill get kick phit in those

Archived