Lost in the sea of MIDS!

NFrank97

1 hour ago, smbgsx said:

If you can afford it all at once get the DSP. Zapco makes some of the best ones. Then I'd look into some DD Audio voice optimized 6.5 mids (2 sets) and some bullet tweets. That would give you a good clear sound and the output you're probably looking for.

Or if you're fabbing, go with one set of Voice optimized 8's one set of 6.5's and the bullets. All in the front doors. Then use the DSP to get out all to play well together. And add should deadening in layers on the door. Alternate between aluminum/butyl and vinyl sheets. Then line the door panel itself with aluminum/butyl and a layer of foam. 

I disagree. The user interface is kind of tough.  The best easiest dsp to get is the helix. 

i remember a guy named richard clark that did some crazy shit when it came to SQ. you have a wall and want to do SQ. so its not out of th question. 

here is my advice.  if you want SQ tune that wall low. i mean really low. then build a front stage.

you need drivers in the kick panel that play down to 50hz with real authority. then mount mids as high as you can. keep the tweeters close to the mids.  maybe even overlap your crossover points. 

spend about 500 hours tuning crossoer points and EQ curves and time alignement. 

or you can just spend all your money on sound deadener and DSP's 

its a fuuny thing sound quality. you can have an insane amount of power on your front stage an only use 10% of it but that 10% will take your breath away.

my suggestion is go find a good drummer. sit down about 10 ft away from them and listen to how the drums sound.

do the same with a good singer.

try to recreeate that epeience in your car. 

i have rarlely sat in a vehicle that could reporoduce the weight of a symbol or high hat in a way that a real drum set could or produce vocals the way an un amplified voice can fill a room. 

38 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

i remember a guy named richard clark that did some crazy shit when it came to SQ. you have a wall and want to do SQ. so its not out of th question. 

here is my advice.  if you want SQ tune that wall low. i mean really low. then build a front stage.

you need drivers in the kick panel that play down to 50hz with real authority. then mount mids as high as you can. keep the tweeters close to the mids.  maybe even overlap your crossover points. 

spend about 500 hours tuning crossoer points and EQ curves and time alignement. 

or you can just spend all your money on sound deadener and DSP's 

its a fuuny thing sound quality. you can have an insane amount of power on your front stage an only use 10% of it but that 10% will take your breath away.

my suggestion is go find a good drummer. sit down about 10 ft away from them and listen to how the drums sound.

do the same with a good singer.

try to recreeate that epeience in your car. 

i have rarlely sat in a vehicle that could reporoduce the weight of a symbol or high hat in a way that a real drum set could or produce vocals the way an un amplified voice can fill a room. 

Mids in the kicks is not needed. The beaming point of a 6.5+ driver isnt until 4-5k most of the time. In the doors is just fine and there's surfaces there that can help with reflection 

20190802_213614.jpg

3 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Mids in the kicks is not needed. The beaming point of a 6.5+ driver isnt until 4-5k most of the time. In the doors is just fine and there's surfaces there that can help with reflection 

20190802_213614.jpg

ALL odf the soudstage should be in front of the user. i dont care what the driver size is. 

1 minute ago, strangeduck said:

ALL odf the soudstage should be in front of the user. i dont care what the driver size is. 

They are in front of you.  Plus there is plenty of sq cars that actually use rear fill.  It's all in the runing.  Driver size does matter because there is a beaming point. 

In a truck, I personally see no need for kick panel drivers. For a car, depending on that particular vehicle may be different ... all in the test and tune process.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived