Will it cut it?

Working on a new system and planning out the electrical. The biggest thing I can find for my 04 Tacoma is a 270a DC power alt, so that will be charging a North Star AGM480 and a North Star AGM24. I have about 80’ of 2/0 super flex welding lead to connect it all. Is this all going to be sufficient to run a Crescendo 6k at .5 ohm, as well as a Crescendo S6? 

Thanks.

I ran 4K at .6 on a 250amp ALT and 6 batteries it would drop to low 12’s , so I would say not enough electrical and I had multiple runs of 0 gauge.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

10 hours ago, NFrank97 said:

Working on a new system and planning out the electrical. The biggest thing I can find for my 04 Tacoma is a 270a DC power alt, so that will be charging a North Star AGM480 and a North Star AGM24. I have about 80’ of 2/0 super flex welding lead to connect it all. Is this all going to be sufficient to run a Crescendo 6k at .5 ohm, as well as a Crescendo S6? 

Thanks.

I'd invest in more welding wire so you can run multiple runs front to back...

Have you looked at CES,Mechman or US alternator to see if they have any bigger alternator offerings??

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

You would probably be good running at 1ohm

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I don’t get why people run amps at .5 ohm on a daily. The difference between .5 and 1 ohms is a few extra hundred watts which makes no difference to the ear.. on a competition setup I get it but a daily is not worth putting equipment through abuse and blowing it up.. people think just because someone putts 10,000 Watts to a sub in a comp they can go do the same to their daily and reason they have blown subs.. running .5 ohm or 10,000 watts to a sub for 30 seconds is not the same as .5 ohms or 10,000 watts to a sub daily.. I run my dc 5k on a fi audio sp4 at 2 ohms and I’m happy. No blown sub no blown amp. Sure I can wire it to .5 ohm and get a little louder but why? Not in competition why risk equipment 

6 hours ago, LT.Smoke said:

I'd invest in more welding wire so you can run multiple runs front to back...

Have you looked at CES,Mechman or US alternator to see if they have any bigger alternator offerings??

I looked at all reputable alt brands and 250 was the biggest so it looks like that will have to be what it is. On the wiring side of things, the amp is going to have dual inputs on all three sets of power and ground inputs, and as many runs front to back as I have welding lead for. Not sure how much I have but it’s around 80 feet, probably closer to 100. Only problem with running at 1 ohm is I already have the sub and it’s a dual 1 coil. As well the crescendo amps are stable down to .5 ohm. More than likely the system won’t be played at full tilt all the time anyway, the sub couldn’t handle it

Archived