Sonic Electronix

Super Tweeters and Regular Tweeters

Hello everyone. 

My question is short one, Does it make any sense running a super tweeter and a 1 inch silk tweeter in the same system?

I have tried looking this question up multiple times and I cant seem to find any information on this topic. Would they End up cancelling each other out? If you had the super tweeter crossed over at a lower frequency could you hear the smaller tweeter hitting the higher frequency over the super tweeter or vice versa. I havent seen anything that says you couldn't and I havent seen anything that says you should. What is everyone elses thoughts or opinions on this??

1 hour ago, slowfkncar said:

The sound quality & sensitivity difference is huge, sure the smaller tweeter would sound better but you are likely not going to hear it over a pro audio tweet.

That's the impression I was under. I've seen some builds with smaller tweeters in the A-pillers and super tweets in the doors, I was just curious, like I said I couldn't find any information on this topic so I wasnt sure if it was something that could work properly even if it was tuned right.

They are designed with very different specific applications.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 weeks later...

Archived