Second Skin Audio

Subsonic filter setting?

Audiohz

Subs kicker compR 12 the large recommended kicker box at 2.25 cubic per sub tuned to 42hz high I know ugh.. amp doesn't have an adjustable ssf but I have a Harrison lab PF cable that is 37hz @ 18db and I also have a PF mod that can do 20hz,25hz,30hz and 35hz at 12db slope ... I know I've seen with a 12db slope most say set ssf right below tuning but 35 is the most the PF mod has and that's with 12db and the pf cable is fix with 37db @ 18db feels maybe to high but subs will be ran at rms power in the largest recommended box what would be the best one to use?

6 hours ago, Mike4068 said:

I'd go with the 37hz @ 18db

Just gave both a try .  The pf cable at 37hz 18db did its job very well .  The pf mod set at 35hz 12db slope I really was enjoying much more until I ran a few lower bass drop songs and felt like it was getting below tuning..  strange thing played some DJ rusty over phones bluetooth off YouTube bass sounds great with the 35hz but then played CD of jeezy put on and sounded like subs was flapping lol...gains set on two kicker zx1000.1 with dd1 at -10db...

-10db is dangerous. 0db is the safest, especially if you listen to boosted/slowed stuff. I personally run my stuff at 0, and I've noticed a handful of the demo songs I use are closer to -1db, so using a -10 to set your gains would be a whole lot of clipping action.

Unless you're competing, I'd suggest using a 0db tone to set gains. You might leave a little on the table as far as potential, but you're less likely to blow stuff up lol.

3 hours ago, bassfiend316 said:

-10db is dangerous. 0db is the safest, especially if you listen to boosted/slowed stuff. I personally run my stuff at 0, and I've noticed a handful of the demo songs I use are closer to -1db, so using a -10 to set your gains would be a whole lot of clipping action.

Unless you're competing, I'd suggest using a 0db tone to set gains. You might leave a little on the table as far as potential, but you're less likely to blow stuff up lol.

I'll give it a try.. my other system is a sealed box takes a lil overlap to get that shit moving..  old habits die hard. 

Archived