Second Skin Audio

Finally time to build my box, any help welcome. (Cut sheet) (design)

I really appreciate the work, but the sub it self is over 15" in depth, so if i reading that right it wont fit?  Also if i have a 25 SSF wont 32hz tuning be to high and unload at higher watts? 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

6 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

I really appreciate the work, but the sub it self is over 15" in depth, so if i reading that right it wont fit?  Also if i have a 25 SSF wont 32hz tuning be to high and unload at higher watts? 

I hadn't considered that the sub was over 15" tall.  Thanks for catching that.  It actually would still fit, but there would only be .5" of clearance between the back of the motor and the bottom panel.  Ideally we would have at least 1".  

Your subsonic filter will be just fine.  Typically you set the subsonic filter to a half octave below the tuning frequency.  A half octave below 32 hz is 24 Hz.  Generally your actual tuning comes out a bit lower than Torres predicts anyway.  

I redid the design to make it a 1/2" taller for proper clearance behind your sub.image.png.0a6ac9a8bf9b6f5e0175462ce35bbb3c.png

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thanks a ton bro, gonna buy lumber this weekend.

Had to order an d3400 because the 3100 would t fit in front so I’m out of cash tell them lol.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived