Unbalanced power consumption from batteries [HELP]

Hey Guys!

I am in need of some help inconnection with my battery connection. 😁

So at one point it occurred to me, when I played from my batteries only, one is taking more time to recharge than the other.
It seemed to me, that the balance between them is equal(I think I was wrong), so I decided to investigate.

I know that battery one takes the more "beat" than it should, because it takes 4-6 hours to recharge opposite to battery two which is only taking 1-2 hours, when placed on a charger.
I also put on a test tone to see what is up, and started clamping for some amperage measurements. By this I found out battery one is providing 16X MORE amps than battery two.

So here is the deal.

I do not know what causes this problem, because I have 0 AWG copper wires, and I have 15 inches of wire between batteries counter to 4 feet between the batteries and the amplifier, so I don't think it is the wires.

What I could come up with as a solution is to get a dual 1/0 to 1/0 power and ground input for the amplifier for balance purposes.

Do you think it will help? Or is it just a waste of money?
If you have any solutions/ideas please share it!!

Thank you in advance! :D

1 hour ago, Krisztián Arnold said:

So you think it is the batteries fault, or the connections, and a dual input terminal would not help? 
I am just curious :D

Both a sulphated battery or loose crimp/connection at one of the terminals ect can cause similar symptoms.

Without actually seeing your setup, load testing them individually is the easiest & fastest thing I can hint you as this will tell you right away by process of elimination.

What amp are you running? 

Okay, thank you, this makes a ton of sense.

I will check up on my connections, maybe crimp my wires again.
If this does not work, than I'll go and hunt myself down some loastester, but first I do not want to spend money needlessly.

I am currently runing a Hifonics BRX 2016.1D, but honestly I think for this amp 200AH is enough. 

11 minutes ago, Krisztián Arnold said:

Okay, thank you, this makes a ton of sense.

I will check up on my connections, maybe crimp my wires again.
If this does not work, than I'll go and hunt myself down some loastester, but first I do not want to spend money needlessly.

I am currently runing a Hifonics BRX 2016.1D, but honestly I think for this amp 200AH is enough. 

Since one battery has 17x more discharge current than the other, I was under the impression that you already had a load tester.

You could always swap the location of battery one with battery two, in theory if your crimp/wires are crap it will be the other battery that acts up.

Fwiw, 9 times out of 10 this is simply a battery going bad, built enough resistance that it no longer has the same discharge output, but ive also seen people try to use a hammer or a shit crimper on 0 gauge, this normally causes problems when trying to pull 150+ amps through a half crimped ring.

So first of all, thank you for trying to help me figure this out.

I do not have a loadtester, I clamped for amperage, and that gave me this result.
I'll try to do the swapping thing, but I have a feeling it is not the batteries going wrong. 

I made my proper crimps, with a hydraulic crimper, a proper one, with 12 Tons of crimping force.
However I ordered some new terminals in the mean time, so I am going redo all of the crimps.

Also I wanted to wait until I do all of this connection thing again, because if I am in need of those dual wire input terminals, than the quantity of wire lugs used is different.

Archived