Second Skin Audio

What type of wood?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/27/2019 at 12:57 AM, Thomas1994 said:

Can't afford birch but wanna use something besides MDF and wanna be able to stain it...

wants 2 use special wood nobody else uses but cant even afford birch LOL 

It might not be as heavy as MDF, but Maple isn't that light either...Unless your building a wall that's got a triple layer front baffle, I'd just spend a little extra cash and get the birch. You could also shop around to lumber yards cuz the "birch ply" they sell at home depot/ lowes is sometimes not great quality.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

5 hours ago, Sparky99 said:

that's crazy a sheet of .75 birch here is 55$.

Only place here even sells Birch in full 4x8 is menards...

They got like some plywood birch for $60/sheet and then baltic birch for $70/sheet

3 hours ago, Gunnem said:

why do people with no money keep trying to put a custom sound system in their car? someone help me please

Well for your information dick head I had to replace to my wiring harness on my radio for $60 so it kinda put a dent in my funds for wood 

So sorry can't afford $150 on wood but thought maybe was something else on the market besides before and mdf...

I got about $100 left for wood after spending tons of money on everything else

Not take your hateful crap somewhere else

3 hours ago, mbdblue said:

It might not be as heavy as MDF, but Maple isn't that light either...Unless your building a wall that's got a triple layer front baffle, I'd just spend a little extra cash and get the birch. You could also shop around to lumber yards cuz the "birch ply" they sell at home depot/ lowes is sometimes not great quality.

I wasn't looking at birch ply because didn't really look great but found Baltic birch but had some unexpected cost with my head unit so just not enough wiggle room for $70/sheet so guess MDF it is like 

I need 2-3 sheets 

If it was a 1 sheet box, heck yeah go get that baltic birch but sadly isn't...

4 minutes ago, Dragonsyph said:

Ya I went with mdf as it’s only 25 a sheet here.

Its 29.99/sheet here sometimes find it at $26.99/sheet if running a special

The birch plywood here doesn't look quality to me and the Baltic Birch is just insane! 

Wanted to try something new but having to replace my head unit wiring harness for $60 really ruined my budget. 

Archived