Sonic Electronix

120 amp fuse will probably blow before you get max power from the amp. If you run straight from the battery and get a short anywhere you will lose your amp. Always fuse. I have a 250 in while I wait for my 300s and I can still get full power from my amp. 

Wat ohm load are you running this amp at? At 4 ohms u should be fine. But id say any higher than that would probably blow the fuse. If u can run it at 4 ohms and order new fuses. I always fuse the run to the wire rating unless the amp doesnt have a built in fuse. Then i fuse for the amp within 6 inches of the power input.

2 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

Wat ohm load are you running this amp at? At 4 ohms u should be fine. But id say any higher than that would probably blow the fuse. If u can run it at 4 ohms and order new fuses. I always fuse the run to the wire rating unless the amp doesnt have a built in fuse. Then i fuse for the amp within 6 inches of the power input.

Am running it at 1ohm, lucky enough i ran it direct to the rear battery and nothing didnt blow, i put the 120amp fuse and strange enough there was not a lost in output and am metering the same numbers...i guess that means i never was really hitting anywhere around 120amps all the time. 

My electrical is a redtop optima in front and a xs xp3000 in the back with a 140amp alt, 1 run of ofc 1awg wire (bass amp is 2000rms and mids is 800rms)

What can i do to get the 200amps or in other words more current to the bass amp?

I would not want to risk underpowering the amp with a fuse that is lower than the 200amps that it claims to need.  

Straight wire while u wait for the right fuse 2 come in the mail or run down to a shop and buy1, I mean theyre like 3 bucks

Archived