Sundown Audio

Orion 2500XTR Users Output

KickerSlo

This question is for any other 2500xtr users out there.  What  kind of power output are you seeing?  From the metering iv done mine ranges from low 2k to 2100.  Its running a duel 2ohm DC M4 Elite 15.

What does ur electrical consist of? If your dont have the amperage and batt reserve to properly power it any amp will underperform. 2k to 2100 seems resonable 4 that amp in a daily.

This video which I assume you did not see or watch will give you some good #'s on watts!

That video is actually what made me get this amp.  The only reason im asking is because the power im putting out just seems high compaired to that unit once i figured out the ohm load its at. But the more i think about it it seems pretty close to where it should be. Im just hoping its not a fluke

I clamped 2100 out of mine. Your numbers are actually good for an amp wired at 1ohm. These are full bridge boards that do 75% of power at 2ohm as opposed to 50-55% of power like many other Korean boards. This comes at the cost of wiring down tho... No .5 under any circumstances with this amp. You'd be able to fry bacon on it until it pops. 

48 minutes ago, KickerSlo said:

What about .7?

.7 would be the lowest IMO. I've seen people wire these to .5 but they're really not designed for that. Think about it for a second... It's a tiny true 3k amp. Mine was rated at [email protected]. at 14.4 where most amps are rated it does like 3200 Watts. The heatsink is barely big enough for a 2500 watt amp let alone a 3200 watt amp. Mine thermals pretty often when I had it hooked up but I only had it on 2 AGM batteries ( g34 starter and group 31 rear). Wasn't enough. These suck juice. They really need around 3 big AGM's. Good amp for the money. I still run the 1000.4. it's awesome. 

Archived