Sundown Audio

Orion 2500XTR Users Output

KickerSlo

9 hours ago, DiBo said:

.7 would be the lowest IMO. I've seen people wire these to .5 but they're really not designed for that. Think about it for a second... It's a tiny true 3k amp. Mine was rated at [email protected]. at 14.4 where most amps are rated it does like 3200 Watts. The heatsink is barely big enough for a 2500 watt amp let alone a 3200 watt amp. Mine thermals pretty often when I had it hooked up but I only had it on 2 AGM batteries ( g34 starter and group 31 rear). Wasn't enough. These suck juice. They really need around 3 big AGM's. Good amp for the money. I still run the 1000.4. it's awesome. 

I was considering getting one of the 4K versions. From what I understand from the rules they both put me in the same class for competition

4 hours ago, KickerSlo said:

I was considering getting one of the 4K versions. From what I understand from the rules they both put me in the same class for competition

The 4k was a bust to my understanding. Didn't last I guess. For that much power an adjustable subsonic filter is a must. What are you powering? 

2 hours ago, DiBo said:

The 4k was a bust to my understanding. Didn't last I guess. For that much power an adjustable subsonic filter is a must. What are you powering? 

DC m4 elite XL 15

• 3 weeks later...

Archived