Help with Time Alignment and Speaker Level

Ripkon

Just now, ToNasty said:

It's what I've always done unless I can't get the mid and tweeter blend correctly then I'll cross at a 12db slope and cross the tweeter a few hundred hz higher than I have the mid crossed at.  Just my opinion

The higher the slope, the limited blending range you have with it’s applicable drivers. No matter the cross over points

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Sounds to me like the op has a phasing issue. With a 24db slope. Very hard to correct.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

3 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Sounds to me like the op has a phasing issue. With a 24db slope. Very hard to correct.

Could be. I just know my favorite 2 way setup is audiofrog gb60 with gb15. Crossed at 1800hz all with 24db slope.  But it is vehicle dependent and driver dependent. Usually a bigger tweeter will be easier because lower fs and wont beam as easily lower

11 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Could be. I just know my favorite 2 way setup is audiofrog gb60 with gb15. Crossed at 1800hz all with 24db slope.  But it is vehicle dependent and driver dependent. Usually a bigger tweeter will be easier because lower fs and wont beam as easily lower

Not many tweeters go that low.

2 hours ago, Ripkon said:

I just uploaded a picture pointing the to mid. Its behind the door panel

6.5" driver in the stock location ???

27 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Thanks for the info also. I'll leave the crossovers where they're and change the slop. I was looking for a little more info if anyone knew about getting my sound stage more towards the center. I used the tape measure and it helped a lot it's just a little off

4 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

It does depends on the tweeter. Large format tweeters can. But most tweeters are 25-28mm which need a higher crossover.  

Knowing the specs on the op's tweeters could easily settle this ...

1 minute ago, Ripkon said:

Thanks for the info also. I'll leave the crossovers where they're and change the slop. I was looking for a little more info if anyone knew about getting my sound stage more towards the center. I used the tape measure and it helped a lot it's just a little off

time will never set correctly until the slope, phase, and cross over points are correct. Just Saying.

Archived