Second Skin Audio

2nd remote box for added air space.

I'm trying to figure out what I can fit into my build. currently I have 2 Sundown Zv4 18's walled on about 12-15k watts in my extra cab Chevy. Like any good basshead I am trying to add more lol. Looking to do a center console box, I already have subs. I have 2 soundqubed HDC3 12's and enough room to make that work. I also have 2 DD 9515 that I would rather use but dont have the space. could PVC be used to couple the console to say,  a box mounted in the bed of the truck? Seems as though this should work but wondering if there are certain things that need to be taken into account?  Things like surface area of the connecting PVC,  does actual port area come into play? Are there any Losses that have to be factored in? Would the remote box have to be equal, smaller, larger than the primary box?

Thanks

RB

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but if you already have two 18"s in your vehicle, adding two 12"s or two 15"s to play the same frequencies as the 18"s isn't likely to gain you much.  If anything you are likely to lose output at certain frequencies due to everything not being in phase properly.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well I didn’t end up adding anything (yet lol) if you take the build out of the  picture is running a remote box just for airspace a viable option? If so are there things that need to addressed? My thought process on this and it may be completely irrelevant but seems as though there may be an issue with whatever is used  to connect the 2 airspace’s (pvc or abs) if the area between the 2 airspace’s is smaller than the port area?

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Archived