Sundown Audio

2 1800 Watt amps to power 2 12's- how?

beep a geek

Sup everyone- I am wondering how to set up two amps to power 2 subs. I blew up my kicker l7 10", so i decided I will try for something louder.

I have two kicker CXA1800's that i am not using. I want to pair them with 2 sundown x12's, however, i need to know the most efficient way to use the two amps.

Are the cxa amps strappable? I want to run them both, but don't know if i can connect one through the other and run the subs in parallel. They both have input and output RCA's

If i can't do this, I could connect one amp to each sub. Which is the better way to do this?

If I have to I will buy a single 4k amp, but I would rather take advantage of the two amps I already have.

Thanks,

I am currently running 4 dc audio level 3's. 2 subs to each amp @ 2ohm. kicker 2400.1. You cannot strap them but you can go from output amp1 to input of amp 2. If your speakers are in the same enclosure make sure your gains are set exactly the same on both amps. If each sub is in a separate enclosures they need to be set super close to the same. I took mine down to a few shops and no one had the Oscilloscope or DD1 to set them the same. I used ohms law and a multimeter

Archived