Second Skin Audio

Thinking about changing my Fi sub

1 hour ago, nickgoose said:

Welp that shit on my idea haha. Is the sp4 and btl similar ? I'm just curious 

I didnt mean to come off as a ass, though most here see/read my posts that way.  Kinda, yes, the btl and sp4 are quite similar.  Well depending on which btl version your talking about...

The Cresendo,  that I've seen, is a cheap, chinese made turd. The AB does have a 4" coil, but less xmax than the sp4. I dont know why you want to "swap" or, what your goals are. What are you looking to do with your build? The sp4, that I know and seen, is a great musical driver, that can take a ton of power (if your new here, you probably have not seen my build with V1 sp4s, fuck, I loved those drivers, competed with then for several seasons).. so I am a bit biased. But, gear is gear, and imho the driver you have now, would poop all over what you listed. Spite cost I suppose. Id wager the Cresendo thingy, and ban hammer are cheaper ,... but, .. meh... i loved my sp4s. 

What are you looking to do/change, and why? Can i ask ?

4 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

I didnt mean to come off as a ass, though most here see/read my posts that way.  Kinda, yes, the btl and sp4 are quite similar.  Well depending on which btl version your talking about...

The Cresendo,  that I've seen, is a cheap, chinese made turd. The AB does have a 4" coil, but less xmax than the sp4. I dont know why you want to "swap" or, what your goals are. What are you looking to do with your build? The sp4, that I know and seen, is a great musical driver, that can take a ton of power (if your new here, you probably have not seen my build with V1 sp4s, fuck, I loved those drivers, competed with then for several seasons).. so I am a bit biased. But, gear is gear, and imho the driver you have now, would poop all over what you listed. Spite cost I suppose. Id wager the Cresendo thingy, and ban hammer are cheaper ,... but, .. meh... i loved my sp4s. 

No matter what you say, you are probably the biggest asshole on this forum. So go fuck yourself. 

And OP Kyle is correct

5 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Na i didn't take it that way lol. And I understand where you're coming from. I honestly wanted to experience something new, I have been using only Sundown and Fi subs for years now, don't get me wrong they all have been awesome. Just wanted to try a different brand just for the hell of it. 

I would take the BTL over the sp4. That's just me though. Your amp won't be enough imo. Unless you wire in the dirt. I'm not an sp4 fan but then again I'm not really a 4" coil kinda basshead either. I think that has to do with efficiency tho. If I had the power I think it'd be different. Current build is 4-zv5 18's... 12" of coil lol. 16" of coil would take more than the 12k I'm starting with. I ran a single Fi team 15 on a 4k @.5 and it did well but when I swapped to a 3" coil 15 on same power I was a DB louder and had more authority. 4" coil 12's sound like shit IMO. 

What amp did you have before? That ddm3 is 2200 watts (unless I looked at the wrong model number)  that’s not enough for that sp4 .. if you want to change it up do a bigger sub maybe a FI Q 15 if you have the room..... crescendo did have horrible customer service don’t know if they still do but they turned me off of them a long time ago. At 2200 watts look into the dc xl elite 15 or the regular one  depending on your goals.. or if you have more room 2 lvl3 18s 

The DD M3b is 3800 watts...I owned one before..can definitely push the SP4...but the OP may wanna go bigger as the v2 needs 3500 watts just to get that ass moving 😂 

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Archived