Sundown Audio

New to car audio

Kylemoney01

Hey guys so I have everything for my basic sub setup and I’m trying to tune my amp. The only adjustments it has is gain and freq. so my question is how can I get this thing tuned in? I have a voltmeter and that’s about it. Should I try this myself or look for a local shop to do it? Any help appreciated. 

31 minutes ago, nickgoose said:

If you have a multimeter just look up some videos on YouTube. A local shop will most likely overcharge you for something you can easily do yourself

Don’t do this that “method” doesn’t account for distortion or clipping so even though you can be set at the wattage your amp is suppose to make you can still damage your equipment.

either buy the proper tool to do it like an smd dd-1 or pay someone to help you do it right 

20 minutes ago, will77530 said:

Don’t do this that “method” doesn’t account for distortion or clipping so even though you can be set at the wattage your amp is suppose to make you can still damage your equipment.

either buy the proper tool to do it like an smd dd-1 or pay someone to help you do it right 

Ok I guess I’ll call around the local shops and if the prices are more then what the tool cost I’ll go that way

Where is are you located ish. There are a lot of members on here that may be willing to help you out if you're local to them. Myself included.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

16 hours ago, Kylemoney01 said:

Ok I guess I’ll call around the local shops and if the prices are more then what the tool cost I’ll go that way

Honestly, it wouldnt be a bad idea to have the tool for next time you need it as well. I have the DD1+ and it's a very user friendly piece of equipment. Regardless what the shop charges, I myself, will always invest in the tool or the knowledge to do it the second time. jm2c

Archived