Second Skin Audio

12" sub with 1500rms

airofu

Just installed my Skar SDR 12" with 800rms and it goes pretty hard :) Already planning my next upgrade, wanting to use my existing box which is 2cft tuned at 34hz.

Will be pushing 1500wrms from a new amp, which 12" subs do you recommended on this power that also fits my existing box size and tune well?

Beat the shit out of the Skar before you swap drivers. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ya go ham on ur skar, and for 1500 a sundown Xv2 would be good ,  but after impedance rise I doubt u will ever see 1500 out of that amp. But I think those need 2.5 box

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks might be looking at the American Bass XR 12. Regarding enclosures...most manufacturers recommend around 2cft ported enclosures....I understand slightly bigger helps with output but how much bigger until it's too big? Mainly after a lower 28-30hz tune and having a relatively flat response.....

If you like the skar you could just upgrade to the evl 12. Ik it says 1250 rms but with impedence rise and all that youll be perfect on a 1500 rms amp. Or an american bass xfl 12 would work.

Sub looks pretty good , I’m a Skar fan to but there subs love big boxes

3B080D8E-EA2F-4865-B3B1-839960A7C206.png

72113548-515E-445C-B839-EC27E91F82CB.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Is port velocity the main thing I should be worried about regarding port area? I know it's a pretty broad question, but how does say a 2.0cft 28hz tuned box vs a larger 2.5cft but tuned higher around 32hz differ? Is a bigger box generally more output but more peakier and the opposite for a smaller box in this example?

3 hours ago, airofu said:

Is a bigger box generally more output but more peakier and the opposite for a smaller box in this example?

Yup, that's pretty much it.  The larger you make an enclosure, the more output you get around the tuning frequency.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived