Issues Updating Firmware Pioneer AVH2400

I got my head unit about 6 months ago and it’s been pretty good overall but it crashes every so often and car play is not perfect. I figured a firmware update could fix some of my issues.

I followed all the directions from Pioneers website but every time I go to update, I get a “Update File Error”. I’ve message pioneer but haven’t gotten much help so I figured I check here to see if anyone has had the same issue or has any tips or tricks they used. I’m currently on 1.06 and the current update available is 8.12 so I’m clearly on a pretty old version. 

I had a similar problem with my 80prs. Updated and something went wrong and lost my bluetooth option. From what I remember pioneer had issues with updates.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

do they have other legacy updates?  sometimes you cant update to the newest without one of the updates in between.  i'd see if you can find the files for like a 2.0 and 5.0 update, try to apply them in order (oldest to newest) and see if that helps

6 hours ago, bmwking said:

do they have other legacy updates?  sometimes you cant update to the newest without one of the updates in between.  i'd see if you can find the files for like a 2.0 and 5.0 update, try to apply them in order (oldest to newest) and see if that helps

This is true also. Did you turn source off also and have a parking brake wire/bypass

19 hours ago, bmwking said:

I would try what he said next. Do them in order. Also make sure you place the file by itself on the root of the USB. Not in the folder

Archived