12v dead car battery weird problem after put on charge

ok immediately when i put it on charge my charger was set to 6 amps and the battery was super dead only starting at 11.5v or something and the voltage quickly shot up to 14.7v and it only drawed 5 amps

I decided to let it sit on charge and a few hours later the voltage dropped down to 12.98v and the current increased up to 6 amps.

i checked back every 30 minutes after and the voltage has slowly started increasing. its now at 13.1v at 6 amps. battery is stone cold. not warm or anything.

I dont know if its charging properly or if theres soemthing wrong with the battery because at first the voltage shot up to 14.7v immediately and only drawed about 5 amps of current but over time it started drawing more current and dropped down to 12.98v before starting to go back up again slowly

it just seems weird and strange to me. why didnt it immediately start drawing 6 amps immediately?

my other smaller batteries all work fine and dont do the same thing with the same charger.

but now how batteries work. shouldn't they immediately reach full charge current and slowly rise in voltage over time?

not immediately reach full charge voltage then increase in current and drop back down to like 12.98v then slowly go back up in voltage again?

My other batteries just reach max current immediately and start at like 12 to 13v and slowly increase until they reach 14.7v then the current slowly drops until its full.

2 hours ago, realflow100 said:

but now how batteries work. shouldn't they immediately reach full charge current and slowly rise in voltage over time?

not immediately reach full charge voltage then increase in current and drop back down to like 12.98v then slowly go back up in voltage again?

My other batteries just reach max current immediately and start at like 12 to 13v and slowly increase until they reach 14.7v then the current slowly drops until its full.

The condition the battery is in might affect how its charged, i'm no expert just tossing out ideas. I know a lot of chargers can detect things then charge accordingly. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Mine is a dumb charger and just applies constant current constant voltage up to 6 amps and 14.7v

so the battery wasnt even drawing much current at first for some reason. but after a few hours it drawed more current and the voltage dropped for a while then started rising again with the current staying at 6 amps

Archived