Sonic Electronix

Does anything look wrong here? With amps output.

23 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Also. anyone wanna give me a crisp high five for guessing his reactive load over 2 years ago ??.?

Naw..???  Guess I'll just go fuck myself ...

no high five for you

11 hours ago, White Lightning said:

The person you need to be talking to is Robert Rayfield at www.linearpower.com

The specs to this amplifier is clearly posted on his website and I can personally guarantee you they are correct. 

I dont wanna go bothering him becuase i didnt get the amp from him, also im not even sure everything in my test is corrrect. I just thought it was really weird to see such low numbers. I was thinking there was atleast 1000-1500 watts going to these subs becuase it slams pretty hard for me, but i havent been in anything thats very loud anyway, like at all lol. And another big reason i knew i wouldnt be getting full power out of the amp is becuase of the stock electrical+big4 upgrade. 

Also idk if u mean feedback as in the extra wires youre supposed to run to the subs, but i didnt use those. In the manual it said its not required but if used it will improve some of the sq parameters and also i forgot about those extra wires when i wired the box up. So i hope nothing blows lol. 

Im not blaming the amp at all, it sounds GREAT all three of my LPs in there sound awesome. Im just shocked at the low numbers, i feel like maybe my tests are faulted somehow but idk where i went wrong, thats why im askin for some input on what it could be. 

Ky's got a good point and thats one of the things i noticed also but dont know if thats all it is, i think the word people use is "box rise" idk tho. 

8 hours ago, strangeduck said:

first of all, hold the camera still man lol. 

second you are at 12 ohms and making 200 watts. thats probably wat that amp makes at 12 ohms. 

At 8ohm it should be able to make its full power tho? given that it has better electrical than i have. Im wired at about 3.7. Is 12 ohm that big of a differance than 8ohm?

Oh and sorry bout the camera lol, i was tryna show the subs before i stop the test tone. Its too loud to be doing next to my neighbors, theyre sold old folks lol. So i was just doing quick burps. 

9322C3C9-3C34-4379-A54F-AE149E0A7D4D.png

also, 60 amp fuse tells me it will never make 1200 watts. 600 maybe at 1ohm, 300 at 2ohm, 150 at 4, 75 at 8, 38 at 16. 

so maybe 50 at 12 ohms?

just ballparking here

10 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Because your impedance is up at 11 ohm, or higher. I didnt watch the vids. Just guessing. . Back when you where asking all the sq questions, back in the day and you wanted to wire at 8ohm, some of ua told you, you were gonna struggle to make power.  I think I told you in a thread youd need a HUGE board, to see power wired around the moon.  A few hundred watts at double digit impedance lift, ain't bad. 

Yah i noticed the high impedance also, but if i was wired at 1ohm and using a d-class type 1500w rms amp i wouldve been way more quick to blame thehigher  impedance.

but becuase the amps made to make full rms power at 8 ohm, i didnt think too much about seeing 11ohm. Because its not very far off from its normal 8ohm capability. But also im wired for 3.7 so almost 12ohm is a pretty big difference from what the box is wired to. 

Would better electrical lower my impedance rise? Im still stock besides the big-4 upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

also, 60 amp fuse tells me it will never make 1200 watts. 600 maybe at 1ohm, 300 at 2ohm, 150 at 4, 75 at 8, 38 at 16. 

so maybe 50 at 12 ohms?

just ballparking here

I think it has something to do with these old school amps. Its over my head tho lol something to do with the rail votage and how it makes power? Idk. If the amp can use a small fuse then it can have a low rating on paper, making it legal for entering low rated comps, but killing everyone else in it with a beast amp? Something like that, dont quote me lol.

12 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Looks like it's just a ton of box rise to me. Kyle is right 

Whats the best way to start fighting box rise? Will better electrical help lower it? I know i need better electrical but just wondering if it will also lower my impedance. 

Also maybe my box design is flawed? Would not enough net volume or maybe not enough port length be causing high rise? Im wired at 3.7, what would normal box rise be at? Or should i say what would my optimal rise be at, considering im at 3.7 from the beginning.

edit: fat finger typing

well, the amp can have high rail voltage but, there is this thing call conservation of energy. so just because the amp cranks up the voltage internally doesnt make it draw less power. So lets say it make 600 watts at 4 ohms like a normal A/B amp would with a 60 amp fuse. you are still following this; 

600 @ 4ohm

300 @ 8ohm

150 @ 16 ohm

so ~ 200 @12 ohm. 

i am sure your amp is making exactly the power it should based on the fusing and the fact you are playing a test tone. on music, it may do better and draw a little less current because music is dynamic and has peaks and valleys.  In my experience mst amplifiers draw about half the fuse rating when playing normal music. 

I think you shold try other frequencies and see what your power output looks like.

Archived