Sonic Electronix

Does anything look wrong here? With amps output.

I wanted to see what this LP 4.1HVS was putting out with my stock electrical plus big-4. When i hooked up the SMD AMM-1 and ran the frequency test (3rd menu i believe) to see what frequency my truck and box liked best it turned out to be 46hz. So using the SMD disc from my DD-1+ i used track one, the 40hz 0db test tone to run a real time power test on the AMM-1. These are the results. I believe i used the real time mode, not the dyno mode. But when i seen the results, i was just standing there scratching my head. I sort of feel like the output is not being read right. I feel like theres more power being outputted than the amm-1 is reading. 

What are some reasons that these readings are so low? I know i dont have the optimal battery reserve AT ALL. But playing music at 58-60 (pioneer 80prs) the voltage doesnt go below 13 on the SMD VM-1. This amp should do alot more than a couple hundred watts right, even with my basic electrical? Thanks for any input. 

Oh also i know my ohms are high, box is wired to 3.7ohm to begin with. Amp is designed to run 4-8 ohm 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The person you need to be talking to is Robert Rayfield at www.linearpower.com

The specs to this amplifier is clearly posted on his website and I can personally guarantee you they are correct. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I wouldn’t do all those “test” to that particular amplifier and blow the Feedback circuit. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Because your impedance is up at 11 ohm, or higher. I didnt watch the vids. Just guessing. . Back when you where asking all the sq questions, back in the day and you wanted to wire at 8ohm, some of ua told you, you were gonna struggle to make power.  I think I told you in a thread youd need a HUGE board, to see power wired around the moon.  A few hundred watts at double digit impedance lift, ain't bad. 

first of all, hold the camera still man lol. 

second you are at 12 ohms and making 200 watts. thats probably wat that amp makes at 12 ohms. 

4 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

first of all, hold the camera still man lol. 

second you are at 12 ohms and making 200 watts. thats probably wat that amp makes at 12 ohms. 

Yuuuup. And I bet my house, I warned him of this when he was posting pics of the linear power amps way way back. 

Archived